Atari Emulation on MacOS and SpartaDOS X

4 replies to this topic

#1 erazmus OFFLINE  

erazmus

Star Raider

• 90 posts

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:23 PM

Hello All,

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Atari800MacX had recently been updated to fix the sound issues with the latest MacOS. I am interested in setting up an emulated environment on my Mac that will let me emulate an Atari running SpartDOS X. I have been unable to find the correct incantation of SpartaDOS X ROM image and Atari800MacX settings to make it work.

Is there anyone who has some words of wisdom that could point me in the right direction to get something running? I would prefer Atari800MacX, but if I have to go with something else to get SpartaDOS to work, that's what I will have to do.

#2 skr OFFLINE  

skr

Dragonstomper

• 654 posts
  • Ready

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:40 AM

I am not at home right now, but it´s as easy as grabbing an image from there: http://sdx.atari8.in...ownload_special

I use the Maxflash8Mb version (at least I think so, will check at home) and mount it as cartridge in Atari800MacX.

#3 erazmus OFFLINE  

erazmus

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 90 posts

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:04 PM

I am not at home right now, but it´s as easy as grabbing an image from there: http://sdx.atari8.in...ownload_special

I use the Maxflash8Mb version (at least I think so, will check at home) and mount it as cartridge in Atari800MacX.

Thanks for the response. When I insert the Maxflash8Mb version, it asks me what type of cartridge it is. No matter what type I select, I just get a black screen.

#4 skr OFFLINE  

skr

Dragonstomper

• 654 posts
  • Ready

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:23 PM

Oh, I was wrong. Take the "intSDX128 and intSDX128 "flash"" and mount the "SDX448_sdx128.car". That one works fine for me.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-14 um 20.21.21.jpg

#5 erazmus OFFLINE  

erazmus

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 90 posts

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:05 PM

Perfect! That one worked for me. For some reason I didn't have the sdx128 image but I had everything else. I'm sure I clicked on all the check boxes on the Spartados download site but obviously I didn't.

Thanks again for your help!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users