Photo

PLATOTerm99: Need insight into RS232 weirdness C with RS232 routines in asm

No replies to this topic

#1 tschak909 OFFLINE  

tschak909

River Patroller

• 3,029 posts

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:12 PM

I finally have gotten a working RS232 setup using the ti994w emulator.

However, now my problems have only gotten stranger...

I initially got this code to compile again, after leaving it for a few months, to work on this again, (see attached), and I got the RS232 routines to finally send and receive (but the terminal reaches a strange state after jumping into PLATO mode, and eventually stops responding to echo packets):

Attached File  platoterm99-original.zip   234.76KB   2 downloads

with the latest compilation of that code, somehow display corruption is happening, BUT, I am able to send/receive from the tcpser virtual modem...

I decided to peel away everything and re-assemble again into another codebase temporarily, to see if I could isolate issues, and produced a smaller executable, with the same I/O routines, BUT, the code stops working, WTF?

Attached File  platoterm99-reworked.gz   93.03KB   1 downloads

What the hell?

For reference, the serial routines are here:

https://github.com/tursilion/libti99

of which, the rs232_* functions are convenience functions which call the rs232raw functions (which activate the appropriate card and port, do their function, and then deactivate.)

I am really at the end of my rope here, especially since I am _not_ familiar with the machine or the architecture, and could really use some help to know just how many battles I am actually fighting here, so that I can solve these problems and get a version of the terminal out for you guys.

-Thom

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users