IGNORED

Best CD and DVD Error-Checking Software

I was recently watching a video on John Hankok's YouTube channel. At the time, he had bought a rare and expensive Sega CD game for his collection and he mentioned that he uses CD error-checking software for some of the most expensive games. Honestly, I had no idea this existed. My questions are the following: 1) is this a reliable way to check if the games you get work well or not and 2) which do you think is the best piece of software I can get to try it? Anecdotally, I used a program (I can't remember the name now) to check for errors on a disc I knew doesn't work properly and I got no errors so maybe there are certain programs that work better for games. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome since I just got a copy of Twilight Princess that was expensive and I'm wondering if there's any way to check if the DVD's fine or not. As usual, thanks for your comments and contributions.