Photo

PLATOTerm99 0.1 test release for TI-99/4A

36 replies to this topic

#26 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,178 posts

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:17 AM

You know, I know what you're saying makes perfect sense... I know the TIPI is awesome, and it is revolutionary and it changes the way you "TI" by doing all kinds of stuff way faster and more efficiently.

I have to be honest though... I don't know if I want that kind of convenience. Sounds stupid, I know.... but if I had TIPI, I likely wouldn't have spent 2 hours last night taking a disk controller card apart to swap out EPROMs.... I likely wouldn't be making serial transfer videos or focusing on the best way to catalog floppies to a parallel printer.... These are the things I love to do... and I fear that my TI time would shift to CHATTI and playing 2P games on the TIPI server.... I know there's an amazing new world out there, I just don't know if I'm ready for it.

And maybe I'm completely wrong.... but I am just not ready to go there yet. Too much legacy stuff still to do before I need a new experience. icon_mrgreen.gif

darkside_newthumb.png

#27 tschak909 OFFLINE  

tschak909

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,088 posts

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:17 AM

mmmm, cookies....

#28 tschak909 OFFLINE  

tschak909

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,088 posts

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:24 PM

For TIPI owners, can you all please test? I've been experimenting with adding color, how does it look on your systems?

I tried to add flood fill, and couldn't get it to behave properly, so deleted it.

-Thom

#29 jonecool ONLINE  

jonecool

Chopper Commander

• 144 posts

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:11 PM

Is it possible to use PuttY (or any other client) on a PC to connect?  I'd like to just check it out before firing up my TI+TIPI.

#30 tschak909 OFFLINE  

tschak909

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,088 posts

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:16 PM

@jonecool - if you go to the IRATA.ONLINE website, you'll see in the REQ's section, there is a link for PTERM for Windows, Mac, and Linux:

http://www.irata.online/

As well as terminals for over a dozen other vintage systems (and counting)

-Thom

#31 jonecool ONLINE  

jonecool

Chopper Commander

• 144 posts

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 PM

Thank you, sorry I missed that.  

@jonecool - if you go to the IRATA.ONLINE website, you'll see in the REQ's section, there is a link for PTERM for Windows, Mac, and Linux:

http://www.irata.online/

As well as terminals for over a dozen other vintage systems (and counting)

-Thom

#32 tschak909 OFFLINE  

tschak909

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,088 posts

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:14 PM

No worries! :) Let me know if I can be of any more help!

-Thom

#33 Waltermixxx OFFLINE  

Waltermixxx

Space Invader

• 37 posts

Posted Yesterday, 1:06 PM

At the risk of sounding thick,  does this software support the serial port on a V2 NanoPeb?  I have one coming in the mail.

I'm pretty new to them, a newbie in fact.  What would the maximum speed be?  (I would be connecting the serial port to an ESP12 device pre MAX232 on the board?) or just build a nice wifi modem and connect it to the NanoPeb via 9 pin serial connection :)   

Cheers. :) 

#34 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,178 posts

Posted Yesterday, 1:10 PM

At the risk of sounding thick,  does this software support the serial port on a V2 NanoPeb?  I have one coming in the mail.

I'm pretty new to them, a newbie in fact.  What would the maximum speed be?  (I would be connecting the serial port to an ESP12 device pre MAX232 on the board?) or just build a nice wifi modem and connect it to the NanoPeb via 9 pin serial connection icon_smile.gif   

Cheers. icon_smile.gif

The serial port version DOES NOT WORK YET but he's intending on it supporting the nano and a wifi modem such as you describe. 

Greg

#35 tschak909 OFFLINE  

tschak909

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,088 posts

Posted Yesterday, 2:00 PM

I'm trying to support RS232, but am having extreme difficulty finding the cycles to keep checking the RS232 port, and am missing characters. I need to punt for a bit and think of another approach.

(the TIPI version works _GREAT_)

-Thom

#36 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• 816 posts

Posted Yesterday, 6:37 PM

Embed additional calls to the routine to check for characters with something like a BLWP instruction inside the video routines, and maybe even inside of the keyboard scanning routines. 

Beery

#37 tschak909 OFFLINE  

tschak909

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,088 posts

Posted Yesterday, 6:49 PM

I was literally putting calls to poll and receive _everywhere_ inside my code, it was nutty.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users