Interview with Thomas Jentzsch

Thomas Jentzsch jammed thrust swoops boulder dash three s star castle arcade

9 replies to this topic

#1 classicgamer74 OFFLINE  

classicgamer74

Chopper Commander

• 242 posts

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:19 AM

In my latest episode I interview game programmer Thomas Jentzsch.   Many of his games are available in cart here on Atariage.  He has made some  great homebrews  and there is more to come.  I was really happy that I got a chance to talk to him about his games, his background and what's to come.  

#2 DEBRO OFFLINE  

DEBRO

Stargunner

• 1,956 posts

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:50 AM

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing. I can't say enough good things about Thomas. He has worked with a number of use 2600 homebrewers. I couldn't do what I do without his help and guidance. He is a great and patient mentor.

It would be wonderful to have a revisit of Stella @ 20...(e.g. Stella @ 45?) and have Thomas interviewed. He has contributed heavily to the 2600 homebrew scene.

#3 classicgamer74 OFFLINE  

classicgamer74

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:23 AM

I couldn't have said it better. I have been blessed thanks to my channel to have met and talked to some really brilliant and creative people. The way he takes a game and makes it his own is just amazing. I have become addicted to Star Castle.

#4 classicgamer74 OFFLINE  

classicgamer74

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:25 AM

We have some really talented people that hang out here and I want to help get the word out for them. If you are a programmer or know of any DM me.

#5 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 23,942 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:15 AM

Many thanks for the interview and also the (overly!) kind words. 

#6 sramirez2008 OFFLINE  

sramirez2008

River Patroller

• 2,733 posts
  • Stella Foreva

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:33 AM

Great interview!

Thomas had me at Thrust+ :thumbsup:

#7 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 15,486 posts

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:55 AM

Amazing programmer and contributor to be sure - a living legend as far as these things are concerned. I've said it before, but Thomas has produced several of my favorite homebrews. As always, thank you Thomas. And thanks for helping to keep the passion of our beloved machines alive and kicking! :love:

#8 Cafeman ONLINE  

Cafeman

Quadrunner

• 6,839 posts

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:11 AM

Thanks for the interview.

#9 StanJr OFFLINE  

StanJr

Web-slinger

• 15,433 posts
  • fun or bust

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:47 PM

One of the classiest guys in the classic gaming community.  Thomas is a brilliant talent and just an all around swell cat.  We need more interviews like these with the folks making stuff happen today to go alongside the interviews with the pioneers of VCS programming.  Thank you!

#10 classicgamer74 OFFLINE  

classicgamer74

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:09 PM

One of the classiest guys in the classic gaming community.  Thomas is a brilliant talent and just an all around swell cat.  We need more interviews like these with the folks making stuff happen today to go alongside the interviews with the pioneers of VCS programming.  Thank you!

Believe me, I plan on it.  I'm securing interviews with as many homebrew and classic programmers as I can.  I like to be able to help them showcase their talent.  My channel is growing and I hope it can be an opportunity for more people to learn about the homebrew titles that these talented people have made. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thomas Jentzsch, jammed, thrust, swoops, boulder dash, three s, star castle arcade

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users