Visual Studio Code Extension for batari Basic

batari Basic Compiler Syntax Highlighting

28 replies to this topic

#26 orange808 OFFLINE  

orange808

Star Raider

• 50 posts

Posted Today, 9:47 PM

I apologise for gushing, but this looks absolutely amazing!  I can hardly wait to try it out.  :)

#27 mksmith OFFLINE  

mksmith

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 67 posts

Posted Today, 9:52 PM

I am unfamiliar with Visual Studio. I will definitely have to check this out. I really like vbB and I don't think I would ever have been able to make anything even resembling a game without it.

This extension will be a lightend version compared to vbB as a number of the good external tools probably just can't be included due to the focus on VS Code being a specific coding environment and also being cross-platform it just doesn't offer the ability do UI stuff. I may be able to throw open a document with an html document but that's about it. I certainly share you concern about accessing these tools but you can run each as required.

#28 mksmith OFFLINE  

mksmith

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 67 posts

Posted Today, 9:54 PM

I apologise for gushing, but this looks absolutely amazing!  I can hardly wait to try it out.  :)

Thanks! Coding in a good environment is a really important requirement to enjoying your dev time. Hopefully soon I'll make it available!

#29 mksmith OFFLINE  

mksmith

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 67 posts

Posted Today, 9:56 PM

This is a really exciting project. I am a full time software developer that uses Visual Studio all day. This would be a great move for the community.

I use VS nearly every day also so it's something that's familiar and enjoyable to use.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: batari Basic, Compiler, Syntax Highlighting

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users