IGNORED

A more robotic mr. robot !

TIX

OK can't edit original post soo,

Always thought that Mr. Robot, looked more like a man in a hazmat suit than a robot..

so here is my take on it :), more robotic looking !

Also walk cycle, ladder climbing and death by bomb frames fixed..

Enjoy

post-65-0-14377800-1548021661.jpg

Mr Robot and His Robot Factory (robotic hack).xex

Edited by TIX
  • Like 14

I never really took to this game - because it's graphic style never appealed to me. I think it could do with a whole new facelift.

No doubt some animations need more frames so that it would be the best possible, that it probably had to stick within a tight memory limit in doing so.

Same for the other games by this programmer.

Harvey

• Like 2

Looks great. Heh, I suppose getting something that resembled Bender out of that, might be a tall request. Could make the things that give him temporary invincibility, beers. After all, he is 6502 based. icon_wink.gif

I think a Bender lookalike is quite possible ;)

post-65-0-50392000-1548056830.jpg

• Like 13

Lol...Nice update there,

Apart from the music there's not a huge love of Mr Robot, it kind of feels like a budget title and with the construction kit it actually makes it more so but I still have a place i my play time for it, its bright, colourfull and the puzzles are nice so getting a new main sprite is refreshing and looks good, thanks TIX...And do a Bender version as well please :)

• Like 3

There's a small issue with this version that won't affect many but its a Mr Robot problem in general...

This version won't work on 400/800B systems which is odd because although not generally mentioned Mr Robot has a minor problem with XL's which is not obvious. So to play this you must be in XL mode which is fine but if you reset the the game on Altirra with F5 the reset vectors kick in and it reruns the game in memory rather than rebooting but if you hit reset once, sometimes more the sound becomes terribly distorted, in fact if you hit reset a lot it just gets worse and worse. This issue does not occur on 800B.

Obviously it for the most part will not affect many but if you have a stock 48K 800 it probably won't work if made back in to a disk, on Altiira you get an SIO noise when you press start or hit space etc on the title drawing page to load the game in. A properly cracked version works fine on 800B and does not have that reset issue either..

Its not the fault of your edit TIX, just a bug / compatibility thing, the same sound issue can be heard on all sorts of cracked versions out there, you hack has no affect re that....The only reason I can think of to reset it is if you lose the in game walking sound at the start and want it back on you might reset it..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Nice sprite work! Loved this game when it came out. Played the hell out of it. Simple, but very creative. Then the construction kit was the source of many crazy new level designs, mostly trampolines if I remember correctly lol.

Btw, I like your original sprite more than the Bender one. It has a lot of character to it and the way it animates.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame
  • Like 2

Great, now I can't unsee Bender..... must do it.....

So in his words: Bite my shiny metal ass :-D

Try that Player white be light gray something like colour (0C) instead of usual white (0E) would probably be more metalic and be different than the PF in the gfxs that is real white?

And what about if enabling Multicolour mode and get a 3rd colour? I saw at Altirra that P0 is white while P1 is that cyan. Lets say that the light gray (0C) Oring cyan (96) will get (9E) what we could get it look like?

Also saw that P2 & P3 nor the MISSILES (these are already set in 5th PLAYER Mode with xPOs but don't seem to be in use then taking PF3 colour that isn't also used because the game seem to be using Bitmap mode 4colours) are used anywhere:

post-6517-0-96337000-1548081883.png

Couldn't we also add these somewhere (even over some static gfxs so that the code doesn't need to be altered)?

:thumbsup:

Edited by José Pereira

Yes! Bender sprite but use gray instead of white! It would be very cool to have a game dedicated to Bender as well like Philsan suggested, but I like Bender in Mr. Robot game too! In fact, maybe the other sprites in the game could be changed into Futurama related things too! Just make it a Futurama themed hack of the game. Like people used to do with DOOM.

• Like 1

Great, now I can't unsee Bender..... must do it.....

So in his words: Bite my shiny metal ass :-D

The feet on the Bender sprite need to be changed into dome/plunger-like shapes as best can be done. Those feet as they are, are no good. But maybe there just isn't enough pixels to do it...but if you could make the Bender sprite one or two pixel line(s) taller, if that wouldn't upset game play, then dome/plunger-like feet would be possible and the proportions for Bender would be better all around too.

Edited by Gunstar

Try that Player white be light gray something like colour (0C) instead of usual white (0E) would probably be more metalic and be different than the PF in the gfxs that is real white?

And what about if enabling Multicolour mode and get a 3rd colour? I saw at Altirra that P0 is white while P1 is that cyan. Lets say that the light gray (0C) Oring cyan (96) will get (9E) what we could get it look like?

Also saw that P2 & P3 nor the MISSILES (these are already set in 5th PLAYER Mode with xPOs but don't seem to be in use then taking PF3 colour that isn't also used because the game seem to be using Bitmap mode 4colours) are used anywhere:

attachicon.gifMrRobot registers.png

Couldn't we also add these somewhere (even over some static gfxs so that the code doesn't need to be altered)?

:thumbsup:

Great ideas.. sadly I don't know the first thing about color tweaking.

A real hacker is needed here.. wink wink ;)

also if I understand correctly the cyan layer applies only in the helmet area.

From one of your design:

post-6517-0-27487900-1548083380.gif

-> P0 that is white (0E) turn to lightest gray (0C);

-> P1 that is cyan (96) turn to a darker one (94);

-> Now enabling Multicolour mode Oring these two gives the 3rd colour that is a light cyan (9C);

So the light part is where the two are overlaping and we'll get this (on one of the frames):

post-6517-0-21668800-1548084070.png

:P

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

I keep forgetting that you don't change the colors. So I guess forget the gray, but I still like the Bender sprite and you could still adjust it as I suggested above couldn't you? You can adjust the height of sprites can't you? Didn't you do that with Pole Position?

Edited by Gunstar

I keep forgetting that you don't change the colors. So I guess forget the gray, but I still like the Bender sprite and you could still adjust it as I suggested above couldn't you? You can adjust the height of sprites can't you? Didn't you do that with Pole Position?

In some games it's possible, in others not..

In mr robot the sprite is as tall as it gets

Edited by TIX
  • Like 1

From one of your design:

attachicon.gifpost-65-0-29204600-1548008392.gif

-> P0 that is white (0E) turn to lightest gray (0C);

-> P1 that is cyan (96) turn to a darker one (94);

-> Now enabling Multicolour mode Oring these two gives the 3rd colour that is a light cyan (9C);

So the light part is where the two are overlaping and we'll get this (on one of the frames):

attachicon.gifpost-65-0-29204600-1548008392 png.png

:P

Jose you seem to know your way around, it would be great if you want to chip in :)

So if Jose (or someone else) work his magic, we will have 3 colors available in the entire sprite ?

If true, then we can have something like this (ok maybe the colors are wrong, but anyway you get the idea)

Now bender have smaller feet and a bounce :) !!

post-65-0-33122700-1548153339.gif

• Like 4