IGNORED

A more robotic mr. robot !

TIX

You can change the robot's secondary color in Altirra with the following command:

e 4164 94

You can make this permanent by changing location $1e93 (7827) in the .XEX file.

Likewise, to enable 3-color PMGs:

e 419d 31

.XEX: $1ecc (7884)

Unfortunately, you cannot have two shades of gray and a color with OR'ed PMGs due to the ordering of the palette.

The way 3-color PMG's works is that each pixel's color is the OR of player #0's and player #1's colors at that pixel, where the player's color is either transparent or some color depending on whether that pixel's bit is set in the PMG bitmap. So, to take Jose's example where P0's color is $C and P1's color is $94, then the possible colors are as follows:

Hue  Luma
P0   0000 0000 ($00)  Transparent
P1   0000 0000 ($00)  Transparent
     ---------------
P0+1 0000 0000 ($00)  Transparent

Hue  Luma
P0   0000 0000 ($00)  Transparent
P1   0000 1100 ($0C)  Light Grey
     ---------------
P0+1 0000 1100 ($0C)  Light Grey

Hue  Luma
P0   1001 0100 ($94)  Dark Blue
P1   0000 0000 ($00)  Transparent
     ---------------
P0+1 1001 0100 ($94)  Dark Blue

Hue  Luma
P0   1001 0100 ($94)  Dark Blue
P1   0000 1100 ($0C)  Light Grey
     ---------------
P0+1 1001 1100 ($9C)  Light Blue

mr-robot-color-0c-94.xex

EDIT 2019-01-23: Change P1/P2 to P0/P1.

• Like 6

You can change the robot's secondary color in Altirra with the following command:

e 4164 94
You can make this permanent by changing location $1e93 (7827) in the .XEX file.

Likewise, to enable 3-color PMGs:

e 419d 31
.XEX: $1ecc (7884)

Unfortunately, you cannot have two shades of gray and a color with OR'ed PMGs due to the ordering of the palette.

The way 3-color PMG's works is that each pixel's color is the OR of player #1's and player #2's colors at that pixel, where the player's color is either transparent or some color depending on whether that pixel's bit is set in the PMG bitmap. So, to take Jose's example where P1's color is $C and P2's color is $94, then the possible colors are as follows:

Great examples ! thanks man !

ok after Xuel's tweak (enabling Multicolored mode),

here is my attempt on a Bender hack :-D ,

I have 3 colors available for the head and 1 for the body, so I went with Dark Blue, Light Grey, Light Blue combination..

the walking cycle has been tweaked, and minor changes applied !

At a later stage I'll try to edit the buddies and other details to something out of Futurama !!

Check out the work in progress below (going left is my original design, going right is Bender)

Enjoy

Mr Robot and His Robot Factory (Bender hack).xex

post-65-0-60954800-1548237109.jpg

• Like 9

I didn't play the game for years but now I get where it's using P2 and P3 that is on the surrounding lines:

attachicon.gifsurrounding lines.png

I would suggest you change that cyan P2 and P3 to a red (34) or (36) or even a yellow (EC) or (EE) to have it different than the robot helmet.

YES, I meant to ask you or Xuel to change the color of the shield to yellow.. :)

edit: also is it possible for the shield sprite to overlap Bender sprite ?

Edited by TIX
  • Like 1

Change P2/P3 color in Altirra:

e 4e8b $34

File location: $95f0 (38384)

mr-robot-shield-34.xex

mr-robot-shield-36.xex

mr-robot-shield-ec.xex

mr-robot-shield-ee.xex

Unix command to create all of these different versions without manual hex editing:

for f in 34 36 ec ee; do perl -p -0777 -e 'substr($_,0x95f0,1)=chr 0x'$f < Mr\ Robot\ and\ His\ Robot\ Factory\ \(Bender\ hack\).xex > mr-robot-shield-$f.xex; done
  • Like 4

Change P2/P3 color in Altirra:

e 4e8b $34
File location: $95f0 (38384)

attachicon.gifmr-robot-shield-34.xex

attachicon.gifmr-robot-shield-36.xex

attachicon.gifmr-robot-shield-ec.xex

attachicon.gifmr-robot-shield-ee.xex

Unix command to create all of these different versions without manual hex editing:

for f in 34 36 ec ee; do perl -p -0777 -e 'substr($_,0x95f0,1)=chr 0x'$f < Mr\ Robot\ and\ His\ Robot\ Factory\ \(Bender\ hack\).xex > mr-robot-shield-$f.xex; done

Thanks for the helping hand man !!

P2 and P3 are shifted left and right by 3 pixels compared to P0 and P1.

P2 right bump = 3: Memory $4396 File $95fb

P3 left bump = 3: Memory $439e File $9603

Here's what it looks like with left and right shifts of 0:

mr-robot-shield-0-shift.xex

Note that P0 and P1 always draw on top of P2 and P3. To make the shield cover the robot, you'd have to draw the robot with P2/P3 and the shield with P0/P1. This would require more significant surgery to the code. You'd have to swap all register writes and modify the pages that are written to for the PMG bitmap data.

• Like 1

Humm... If any coder here is interested I have been thinking in doing a new Mr Robot type of game with the original idea but with more things, gfxs, gameplay,...

I would like to have the game done for this year ABBUC Contest and will also need TIX if he's interested to be a part ot the team :).

:thumbsup:

I'm interested :)

• Like 1

Humm... If any coder here is interested I have been thinking in doing a new Mr Robot type of game with the original idea but with more things, gfxs, gameplay,...

I would like to have the game done for this year ABBUC Contest and will also need TIX if he's interested to be a part ot the team :).

:thumbsup:

Let's say that we'll continue the same things already it has (so also the levels build) but have other types like sometimes "Bomberman type of", shootings, freeze,...

Then we'll have a totally new name that is "MR AND MRS ROBOT AND THEIR ROBOT FACTORY".

We can play in different modes:

-> Single Player (so we can choose Mr or Mrs);

-> Two Players alternate (one plays untill lost a life then comes the other);

-> Two Players colaboration (the two at the same time on screen so they play/add to a single score);

-> Two Players versus (the two at the same time on screen so they play/add to different scores);

( -> even a Two Players against mode where one can, on certain ocasions, freezes or steal the other,...; )

By now here's a screen with both with just original gfxs for you to see them (is like on the real life where babies masculins wear blue and feminins wear rose :grin:):

post-6517-0-71022500-1548345326.png

:P

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 6

I need help :(

I found the monsters, but I can't figure out how they work,

they span from 02B2 to 03CB and seem to be multi segmented, multi layered sprites with some missiles thrown in..

I delete/add some pieces here and there but I cant make sense of the logic..