• 39 posts

Posted Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:03 AM

Hi, I'm interested in the 2 variants

#77 a2retro OFFLINE  

a2retro

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Yesterday, 6:31 PM

Hi Everyone, finally I have the PBI version routed (4 layer board). I still have some labeling to clean up and then it's off to the PCB house to have a very limited number of alpha PCB's produced. These are already spoken for. Once we work any klinks out then a wider beta may be offered. Thanks for your patience.

Glenn

ps Drogon is just the code name not the final product name. :D

DrogonV38Front.PNG

DrogonV38Back.PNG

#78 JoSch ONLINE  

JoSch

Dragonstomper

• 565 posts

Posted Today, 1:42 AM

I'm late to the party, but would it make sense to route the PCLINK resp. RCl protocols to RespeQt via the network?

#79 ol.sc OFFLINE  

ol.sc

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 103 posts

Posted Today, 3:05 AM

You may want to check out http://atariage.com/forums/topic/287229-new-dragon-ethernet-cartridge-interest-check/?p=4204284 ff.

#80 JoSch ONLINE  

JoSch

Dragonstomper

• 565 posts

Posted Today, 5:18 AM

Also late to that party ;)

#81 ol.sc OFFLINE  

ol.sc

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 103 posts

Posted Today, 5:40 AM

Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding: The question of implementing "PCLINK over Ethernet" is of course equally relevant to both upcoming Ethernet solutions.

#82 danwinslow OFFLINE  

danwinslow

River Patroller

• 2,593 posts

Posted Today, 6:24 AM

Looks good!.

#83 JoSch ONLINE  

JoSch

Dragonstomper

• 565 posts

Posted Today, 7:11 AM

I wrote this in the other thread: http://atariage.com/...k/#entry4278810.

#84 JoSch ONLINE  

JoSch

Dragonstomper

• 565 posts

Posted Today, 7:12 AM

Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding: The question of implementing "PCLINK over Ethernet" is of course equally relevant to both upcoming Ethernet solutions.

Yes, sure. As I understand it IP65 will support all the (soon) existing Atari solutions, so it can become handy to handle interfacing to the dragons.

Edited by JoSch, Today, 7:14 AM.

#85 Faicuai OFFLINE  

Faicuai

Stargunner

• 1,064 posts

Posted Today, 12:29 PM

SWEET!!!

I will also happily to test the guts out of it on my XLs... (seems like my speciality, nowadays...)

I do wonder about the form-factor though.... I see a PBI-type connector, but it would be great if with miminal or no modifications, it could rest inside of the 800 / Incognito expansion-bay where there is direct access to Incognito's PBI port, as well... there are ways to get the ethernet cable out of if, nicely).

I can only imagine the first sustained, throughput test between CPU, system-bus and D-cart... especially with the ability to offload Layer-3 processing overhead... that should be SWEET (!!!)

Any plans to incorporate a WiFi interface, considering that in most Atari applications, wave-propagation would not be a problem from external cart)?

Edited by Faicuai, Today, 12:33 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users