Welcome to the TIATracker module for batari Basic allowing you to play TIATracker music in your Atari 2600 VCS game.
What is TIATracker
TIATracker is a tool created by Kylearan for making Atari VCS music on the PC and a new sound routine for the VCS. It features ADSR envelopes, up to 7 melodic and 15 percussion instruments, customizable pitch guides for optimizing the number of in-tune notes, a size-optimized and configurable replayer routine and much more.
More information is available here
Refer to file TIATrackerPlayer.bas in the module for a full example of incorporating your TIATracker music into your batari Basic game.
I've added it to my titlescreen in Tower of Rubble and works great.
v1.1 - 20190125
Fixed an issue where the tiatracker source include could not be inserted anywhere except at the end of the code (or bank 6 for DPC+) due to Unresolved Symbol List compilation errors in batari Basic (via dasm).
TIATrackerPlayer.v1.1.20190125.zip 31.09KB 17 downloads
v1.0 - 20190123
TIATrackerPlayer.20190123.zip 30.89KB 26 downloads
The following outlines how to add the TIATracker module to batari Basic and incorporate your music. If you are having issues refer to the example for assistance.
1. Copy the tiatracker folder into the root of your batari Basic game folder
2. Copy the content of file tiatracker/tiatracker_batari_variables.bas into your variable definitions of your batari Basic source.
3. Add the following to your batari Basic source (either at the bottom of your file or bank depending on your requirements):
rem include the tiatracker source asm include "tiatracker/tiatracker.asm" end
4. In the initalisation of your screen add the following to initialise the tracker:
rem initialise tiatracker gosub tiatrackerinit
5. In your screen loop, after the drawscreen call add the following:
rem play track gosub tiatrackerplay
1. Create your music or get someone to do the hard work!
2. Select File > Export track data to dasm... from the menu. On the Save As dialog locate your tiatracker/track folder in your batari Basic game folder, enter a filename of 'track' and click the Save button to export your music.
3. In file tiatracker/track/track_variables.asm remove the Permanent and Temporary variables from the file (otherwise you will receive a compilation error). Note: This will need to be done each time you export your data.
Edited by mksmith, Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:43 PM.