IGNORED

Another unreleased CV game found and preserved!

retroillucid

We already preserved Pink Panther, it was only a rolling demo of the first stage

Although, we're working on it to make the full fledge game

If it's only a demo, why not release a rom image already for all to enjoy like I have done in the past with so many items I was lucky enough to acquire such as the A.E. game that I GAVE to you to make a CIB run.
  • Like 3

My first thought was Tac-Scan, but then I did some research in my archive that killed that guess....

Tac-Scan by Coleco
Developed by Nuvatec Inc. Designed by Jim Wolf, Joe Clark.

The ColecoVision FAQ says, "the first two stages of Tac-Scan were completed at Nuvatec, Inc. before Coleco instructed that all work on it be stopped".

- From AtariAge member PingvinBlueJeans:

Regarding Tac/Scan, it never got to a playable state, and whatever code existed is not likely to have survived. The Digital Press Guide says this...

Quote:
According the ColecoVision FAQ, the first two stages of Tac-Scan were completed at Nuvatec, Inc., by Jim Wolf and Joe Clark before Coleco instructed that all work on it be stopped. I assume people think Tac/Scan is out there because of this, but that info is vague and not entirely accurate. I spoke with an ex-Nuvatec programmer a few years back and I asked him specifically about Tac/Scan. This is what he told me...

Quote:
Tac-Scan was pulled because Coleco was not able to come to royalty terms with Sega. It never got beyond the background screens before it was pulled, so nothing was saved and there really was no game play yet. Joe & Jim worked on another game after that but I don't remember what it was. Possibly another that was cancelled.

In any event, Coleco started Tac-Scan BEFORE negotiating the rights, assuming the owner would love to have this done. It pissed off Sega who then wanted far more than the usual amount and Coleco scrapped the game. Also, since Tac-Scan used a vector display for the arcade game, what we attempted to replicate on a TV was far from a decent implementation. So it was good that it was pulled. We were not happy with how it was going to look and we took pride in our work.

That was why Coleco "instructed that all work on it be stopped". Sorry, but no Tac/Scan on the CV unfortunately.

So my next guesses would be Phoenix, Vanguard and Wild Western, but I'm sure I'm wrong and it's actually.....

Ripley's Believe It or Not by Roklan

Is that one obscure enough!!!

• Like 4