IGNORED

Another unreleased CV game found and preserved!

retroillucid

I'll join that club. I love Dino Eggs, its a game I discovered on the C64 that, after figuring it out, became very addictive.

Any homebrewers out there looking for ideas on porting a game to the Coleco, this would be a great one!

Dino Eggs for the Colecovision does exist according to first hand knowledge of someone I have known for over 30 years.

He went to some computer expon in New York around the 83/84 timeline and at the very least seen a working demo.

Is that to say that it was not the full game, he says it was.

That said.

This thread started January 29 and now going on 3 months around the corner.

I mean really???

Edited by Mike Harris

I'll join that club. I love Dino Eggs, its a game I discovered on the C64 that, after figuring it out, became very addictive.

Any homebrewers out there looking for ideas on porting a game to the Coleco, this would be a great one!

Dino Eggs for the Colecovision does exist according to first hand knowledge of someone I have known for over 30 years.

He went to some computer expon in New York around the 83/84 timeline and at the very least seen a working demo.

Is that to say that it was not the full game, he says it was.

That said.

This thread started January 29 and now going on 3 months around the corner.

I mean really???

If they're planning to sale this game, it's normal to take so much time to release it.

You really love Dino Eggs, don't you?

I remember seeing all the ads and reviews for it in magazines BITD and waiting for it to be released for the CV... which never happened. Anyway, I can't really say I love it because I never have played the game even thru emulation.

^ I'll join the chorus and state that Dino Eggs is one of the very platform games ever released. I'm shocked that it has never had a homebrew release for CV as well. It would be easy to fit into 32k, and a talented CV programmer could make an outstanding conversion of the game for CV -- there are no technical hurdles and / or insurmountable challenges. The fact that it is mostly static -- no side scrolling or screen scrolling makes it an excellent match. Ditto for CRISIS MOUNTAIN and SHORT CIRCUIT as well, both written by the same author as DINO EGGS.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, despite the name, it's not a Quiz at all

It plays similar to Qix with a puzzle twist

The game can also be played 2 players simultaneously

Looks very simple, but it's quite fun actually

PLEASE tell me that you"ll sell this in a plain white box with insufficient instructions. And make me go to Service Canada and get in a line to buy one!

LOVE THIS. Sell me a copy and I can pretend that it's 1983, have my own Teleguide kiosk, and am playing "games" while also looking up the weather in exotic destinations like Manitouwadge and Armstrong. I may even build a CV kiosk and stick in the lobby of the Provincial Building in town (I work in it!) to give visitors a thrill. :grin:

• Like 3