Photo

Songbird 20-year anniversary: sales, mysteries, and games, oh my!

13 replies to this topic

#1 Songbird ONLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• 1,582 posts

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:25 PM

Believe it or not, it has been 20 years since Songbird started offering both new and "lost" games to Lynx and Jaguar diehard fans. You are the ones who make this such a great hobby, so thank you for your support of Songbird and all the Atari hobby game developers out there! To celebrate two decades of Atari hobby goodness, Songbird is offering a series of sales and new project activities throughout the year to make 2019 the best year yet.

SALE ON CLASSIC GAMES

For the first sale, Songbird is offering a variety of Lynx and Jaguar treats at throwback prices. These are the best prices you'll find all year, and they can be yours from now through 11:59pm on February 8.
  • $10 off Hyper Force
  • $10 off Soccer Kid 
  • $50 off bundle price for Lexis, Ponx, and SFX, all featuring the newly designed cartridges and labels!
Hop over to the Songbird website now to scoop up your copies while they last!

MYSTERY JAGUAR PROJECT #3

The project is well underway and should be available within a few months. This cartridge features a couple of cool new technologies, but I don't want to say more until it gets closer to release. Stay tuned!

REPRINT OF MEGAPAK

At long last, a reprint of Lynx MegaPak is in the works but we still need a few months to get the cart design worked out. Coming soon!

HIDDEN GAME REVEALED FOR JAGUAR LOOPZ

Last but not least, there is a hidden game included in every copy of Loopz for the Atari Jaguar! Simply hold the Option key while booting Loopz, and you can access JagTris 2018! This is an amazing little game brought to you by Bastian Schick and Songbird Productions, making your Loopz cart a 2-for-1 block-game bonanza. Head over to the Loopz page for more details and pick up your copy today!

#2 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,834 posts

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:59 PM

Congrats on 20 years! 

#3 jeremiahjt OFFLINE  

jeremiahjt

Dragonstomper

• 682 posts

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:53 PM

If you would have had $10 off on Skyhammer it might have been enough for me to finally pull the trigger on that one. As it stands now I will have to mull over Hyper Force. Or maybe that Lynx bundle.

#4 ls650 OFFLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• 7,403 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:41 PM

Time flies - hard to believe that the big cat is more than 25 years old...

#5 Gummy Bear OFFLINE  

Gummy Bear

Dragonstomper

• 787 posts

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 AM

If you would have had $10 off on Skyhammer it might have been enough for me to finally pull the trigger on that one. As it stands now I will have to mull over Hyper Force. Or maybe that Lynx bundle.

You're gonna let a measly $10 stop you from getting one of the best games on the Jag?

#6 Clint Thompson OFFLINE  

Clint Thompson

River Patroller

• 4,419 posts
  • Kiss Reality Goodbye.

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:50 PM

Thanks for feeding the Jag and Lynx for 20-years with great stuff Carl and congrats for keeping it up and running for so long!

You're gonna let a measly $10 stop you from getting one of the best games on the Jag?

'G' Bear is right, though I think the idea was intended as a poke request for the $10 off deal to be extended to the other higher-end games as such. As it stands, Skyhammer is $90 and with the discount Hyper Force is $70 (I will forever round up when it's 5 cents), making it a $20 difference. However, I would most certainly spend the extra $20 to purchase Skyhammer over Hyper Force any day if you don't already have it... deal or no deal.

#7 Diatoir3d OFFLINE  

Diatoir3d

Space Invader

• 17 posts

Posted Sat Feb 2, 2019 1:52 PM

Happy Anniversary Songbird/Carl. Purchased Skyhammer, Hyperforce, Total Carnage and Protector SE from you a few years back and were all worthy addictions to my Jaguar collection. Hopefully I'll be adding Loopz to that and your other Mystery Project sometime soon ;-).

#8 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,640 posts

Posted Sat Feb 2, 2019 1:55 PM

Happy Anniversary Songbird!

#9 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,640 posts

Posted Sat Feb 2, 2019 2:02 PM

Carl, are you no longer taking money orders?

#10 Songbird ONLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,582 posts

Posted Sat Feb 2, 2019 3:18 PM

It's been at least 5 years, maybe 10, since anyone even asked about money orders. :) If you (or anyone) is interested in that form of order, please contact me and we can work something out.

#11 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,640 posts

Posted Sat Feb 2, 2019 6:49 PM

Ok thanks.

#12 Songbird ONLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,582 posts

Posted Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:13 PM

Only two days left. Thanks for all the support so far!

#13 RandyFemrite OFFLINE  

RandyFemrite

Star Raider

• 58 posts

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:53 PM

You won’t be disappointed with SkyHammer. Not without it’s kinks but overall a great game and a perfect example of what the Jaguar could have been.

#14 Songbird ONLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,582 posts

Posted Today, 8:22 AM

If you'd like to read more on the history of Songbird and the games I've published, check out this recent interview with Arcade Attack. Special thanks to Adrian Wallett for the opportunity. Always fun to talk Atari! :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users