Photo

Dragon's Lair is now available

206 replies to this topic

#151 majestyx OFFLINE  

majestyx

Moonsweeper

• 269 posts

Posted Thu Mar 7, 2019 3:40 PM

#47 received yesterday. Hope to get the time to play it soon. Awesome work on the packaging and contents~!

#152 adamantyr OFFLINE  

adamantyr

Stargunner

• 1,474 posts

Posted Sat Mar 9, 2019 11:08 AM

#37 received on Friday! High score so far is 18,197.

Part me me wants a TARDIS so I could go back 30 years and blow me and my brothers mind away with it. :D

#153 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,572 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:29 PM

So far as scoring goes, in easy mode the 47 point bonus for starting a scene is omitted, but otherwise inputs and thus scoring possibilities are the same as in hard. (Practice awards zero points). There are also a couple of scenes with very short branches (mostly early-outs) wherein one branch is worth more than the other. Also, scoring on some scenes differs between the two mirrored paths - this means that in Home mode your maximum score depends on the randomly chosen reflections. Of course, in Arcade mode you have to play them both anyway, so that adds maximum scoring potential.

Glad people are enjoying it. I'd love to watch people play if anyone's doing any streaming or videos.

#154 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

>OLD CS1█

• 6,027 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:56 PM

Glad people are enjoying it. I'd love to watch people play if anyone's doing any streaming or videos.

Once I get a little more practice I might make a video. Otherwise, I am just memorializing my embarrassment.

I have considered doing a stream of people playing it at VCF-SE.  Would need to put together some equipment and clear it with the organization, first.

#155 jonecool OFFLINE  

jonecool

Chopper Commander

• 153 posts

Posted Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:56 PM

Once my invoice is sent and game is received, I'll definitely be making a video of the gameplay and detailed review (picked up a new video capture device just for this game, mostly).  Can't wait to get my hands on it, I think you're getting close to my #59.

So far as scoring goes, in easy mode the 47 point bonus for starting a scene is omitted, but otherwise inputs and thus scoring possibilities are the same as in hard. (Practice awards zero points). There are also a couple of scenes with very short branches (mostly early-outs) wherein one branch is worth more than the other. Also, scoring on some scenes differs between the two mirrored paths - this means that in Home mode your maximum score depends on the randomly chosen reflections. Of course, in Arcade mode you have to play them both anyway, so that adds maximum scoring potential.

#156 Schmitzi ONLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,508 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:43 AM

#55 Paypal done  ;-)

lucky-luke-5.jpg

#157 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,572 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:00 AM

Invoices and notes for numbers 48-69 have been sent.

#158 Schmitzi ONLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,508 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 AM

:grin:

#159 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• 1,499 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:29 PM

Once I get a little more practice I might make a video. Otherwise, I am just memorializing my embarrassment.

I have considered doing a stream of people playing it at VCF-SE.  Would need to put together some equipment and clear it with the organization, first.

I’ll have my stock console there with my copy, so you don’t need to bring an extra. Will also bring a durable joystick and my TI PI just in case we need to do anything.

#160 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

>OLD CS1█

• 6,027 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:24 PM

I’ll have my stock console there with my copy, so you don’t need to bring an extra. Will also bring a durable joystick and my TI PI just in case we need to do anything.

Cool.  As I did with the mega-demo previous years, I was thinking about running it on the board-mounted system to show there are not tricks up the sleeve :)

#161 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

>OLD CS1█

• 6,027 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:30 PM

BTW, I have ordered three tables for VCF-SE this year. Will allow the display to be spread out and include plenty of space for Dragon's Lair.

#162 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,212 posts

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 PM

You might need to attach a chain to the cartridge too--you definitely don't want that one to walk off on its own. . .

#163 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• 1,499 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:52 AM

You might need to attach a chain to the cartridge too--you definitely don't want that one to walk off on its own. . .

It's gonna be important to keep an eye on our booth, yes. :)

#164 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

>OLD CS1█

• 6,027 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:09 AM

As much as I loath to think of this as a possibility, the security wonk in me has seriously considered this potential.

I am also going to show my TheC64 Mini, and if the clear key-caps arrive in time I will show off my clear-cased Amiga 1200, again.

#165 HOME AUTOMATION OFFLINE  

HOME AUTOMATION

Moonsweeper

• 390 posts

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:58 AM

I used to possess a talent for circumventing such security measures...
Hence the expression; Locks are for honest people.

P.S. I couldn't afford one! :twisted:

#166 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

>OLD CS1█

• 6,027 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:52 AM

I used to possess a talent for circumventing such security measures...
Hence the expression; Locks are for honest people.

P.S. I couldn't afford one! :twisted:

Yes, I enjoy this maxim as well, with the suffix ", but there is no reason to make it easy for the dishonest."

#167 HOME AUTOMATION OFFLINE  

HOME AUTOMATION

Moonsweeper

• 390 posts

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:14 PM

I've been giving some thought to opening a Dragon's Lair secure storage facility...
Who wants to be the first to Donate their module????? :-D

Features may include:

* Immediate notification if your module becomes damaged or unplayable for any reason.

* Your module will be immediately available for return... as long a there always remains one module in the facility...(for security calibration purposes).

* continuous burn-in assures that your module will be well tempered to harsh environmental conditions.

* Reverse engineering provided free of charge!

* Free data bakup and archiving.

* Tobacco-smoke-free environment.

P.S.  I LV my customers!

#168 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,212 posts

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:18 PM

Turtles and I are happy campers today. Ours arrived!   Now we get to play!   :)

#169 jonecool OFFLINE  

jonecool

Chopper Commander

• 153 posts

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:59 PM

Excellent job Tursi!  I still can't believe this is possible, even after playing it for a few hours :)

#170 xabin ONLINE  

xabin

Star Raider

• 61 posts

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:35 PM

Wow, that is highly technically impressive. I was already sorta impressed by the game quality of the TI compared to what I remember of my old Atari 2600 (comparing similar games between them), but this is fantastic. How did you manage to get all that data crammed into it without much loss of quality?

#171 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,286 posts

Posted Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:59 AM

yaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached File  WIN_20190318_10_50_33_Pro.jpg   346.15KB   7 downloads

#172 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,572 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:30 AM

Wow, that is highly technically impressive. I was already sorta impressed by the game quality of the TI compared to what I remember of my old Atari 2600 (comparing similar games between them), but this is fantastic. How did you manage to get all that data crammed into it without much loss of quality?

A massive cartridge. :) The cart has 128 megabytes of ROM space available.

#173 xabin ONLINE  

xabin

Star Raider

• 61 posts

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:09 AM

A massive cartridge. :) The cart has 128 megabytes of ROM space available.

Really? Wow, how did you get the TI to recognize such a big cartridge?

#174 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• 13,805 posts

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:15 AM

Bank switching and not all the data is used at the same time.

What's really cool is that it does NOT require any form of normal memory expansion or a speech synthesizer to do what it does.

#175 JB OFFLINE  

JB

Quadrunner

• 9,291 posts
  • With Stereo-Of-The-Art-Sound

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 AM

Really? Wow, how did you get the TI to recognize such a big cartridge?

Mad science.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users