IGNORED

Dragon's Lair is sold out!

Tursi

Thanks Patrick, those are kind words and I think we had a similar starting point. I had the TI at home, but I learned the Apples at school because I could do assembly there, but not on my bare bones TI at home. (This is why the Playground project Senior Falcon did fills me with wistfullness! Hehe.)

Dragon's Lair is a full on classic for good reason, though I rarely got a chance to play the real thing. Addam's Family is also a great pinball, but I'm more of a Twilight Zone guy myself. ;)

The trick with any software project is just breaking it into small enough pieces to accomplish. ;) I won't deny that when I started running out of scratchpad RAM near the end and had to balance the register usage between the various segments of code, it started getting tricky. Lots and lots of notes about what was where. Even with that, though, I look back and am a little surprised I did it all in assembly. I just kept each 'next piece' small enough that it didn't feel insurmountable. :)

My last several years have been in the Java world, but I've done C and C++, Objective-C, and even some Swift (LOVE swift for productivity!). So this will be a mental paradigm shift for me, but I'm determined to pick up when time allows where the young me was perusing the old Molesworth book. As I get cycles to play with that, I may pick your brain from time to time. But yes...decomposition is key, even if you don't have the constructs of modern languages to do that decomposition. The scratch RAM part was really cool, since that (and system ROM) if I'm not mistaken are the only two parts of the TI-99/4A to actually be enjoying the full 16 bits of the TMS9900. Getting that working had to leave you totally stoked.

• Like 1

Dear Tursi ;-),

Congratulations on your artwork. I received my cart a couple of weeks ago. It is a fantastic, great and jaw-dropping work from you. All has been made with a lot of love. I am very pleased with your work, so the price for the purchase of this cart and especially the price for shipping of all parts (to a place outside the States) are completely justified. Probably I should have bought two of this cart instead of only one :P.

Nice greetings

• Like 2

fb2f397b20d46045a19f741c0183729a.jpg

Sparkdrummer demo’d his copy at March VAST meetup. Enjoyed playing this amazing port!

CONGRATULATIONS TURSI!!! Awesome!!!!

I remember it costing two quarters per play back in the 80s which is why I never played much. Well done sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 5

Do you have an old ZeroZap cartridge you can sacrifice for your new Dragon's Lair board?

Oh yes! I talked to a guy a while back who found thousands of those in a landfill somewhere out west. I'll have to give the guy a call. :lol:

Be gentle with it, it won't take much of an impact to damage those chip pins, and I've no idea their static tolerance. If you can sacrifice any old cart, I'd recommend it. :)

Duly noted. Thanks for the work on the cart!

Edited by chue
  • Like 5