Photo

Ninja Odyssey will be released very soon for Intellivision

platformer mario wonder boy thios odyssey kai magazine intellivision elektronite

73 replies to this topic

#26 Greg2600 OFFLINE  

Greg2600

River Patroller

• 3,112 posts

Posted Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:14 PM

That old demo you tested used different colors than the final version. The blue sky was too dark for instance.

Ehhh, well, tried it on MESS and it looked fine, but the color palette used may have shown up badly over RF versus the traditional INTV game. 

#27 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 3,254 posts

Posted Mon Feb 4, 2019 1:50 PM

I look forward to purchasing this game complete and playing it in June!

#28 vprette OFFLINE  

vprette

Stargunner

• 1,558 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 7:50 AM

Hello everyone

I'd like to underline one major point:

The game is being published as cart release.

The box is planned for later, and it depends on the fact that the cart release sell enough to cover the investment.

Just to clarify that boxes will be made only if the game will sell, Elektronite need to follow this model to recover costs and be able to propose more titles instead of having 100% budget risked on 1-2 titles

cheers

#29 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 12,032 posts
  • The P-Machinery AGE is almost here!

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 11:26 AM

Hello everyone

I'd like to underline one major point:
The game is being published as cart release.
The box is planned for later, and it depends on the fact that the cart release sell enough to cover the investment.

Just to clarify that boxes will be made only if the game will sell, Elektronite need to follow this model to recover costs and be able to propose more titles instead of having 100% budget risked on 1-2 titles

cheers

Ah, great. Yet another stab at a business model to motivate collectors buy more than one copy. :roll:

#30 Steve Jones OFFLINE  

Steve Jones

Stargunner

• 1,055 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 11:36 AM

So will the people who buy carts later be able to buy the rest as an upgrade without having to buy another cart?

And the result will be the same as a cib copy?

#31 Bamse OFFLINE  

Bamse

Moonsweeper

• 280 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 11:39 AM

So will the people who buy carts later be able to buy the rest as an upgrade without having to buy another cart?

As I understand it, if they sell enough cart and roms only, they will release the box in June. So it's all dependant on how well they sell.

#32 Intymike ONLINE  

Intymike

River Patroller

• 3,268 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 11:46 AM

You don't have to buy another cart. You can upgrade to the full package. Like it was with Old School.

#33 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,210 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 11:51 AM

With so many hands in too few pockets more and more creative ways are coming out of the woodwork to keep the producers flow of $$$.
It will end up like I have been saying all along a producer buying each others product. The common collector will not have deep enough pockets to feed their addiction.
And to keep up with all these hands vying for their $$$.
It s great having so much choices to pick from. This is one game that I will be purchasing. Its all about choice and quality of games now for me.
Cheers
this looks like a great game to add to a collection. 👍🏻

#34 Steve Jones OFFLINE  

Steve Jones

Stargunner

• 1,055 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 11:56 AM

Ok sounds good

#35 stupus OFFLINE  

stupus

River Patroller

• 2,127 posts
  • pixel obcessed yeti

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 12:06 PM

Where is it stated that there will be an upgrade kit?
I don't see that spelled out by either the author or producer.
Is that in fact the case?

#36 Intymike ONLINE  

Intymike

River Patroller

• 3,268 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 12:15 PM

Where is it stated that there will be an upgrade kit?
I don't see that spelled out by either the author or producer.
Is that in fact the case?

First of all, it's already figured out on Facebook. And I'm allowed to speak on behalf of Elektronite.

Edited by Intymike, Tue Feb 5, 2019 12:33 PM.

#37 Intymike ONLINE  

Intymike

River Patroller

• 3,268 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 12:32 PM

The release of Ninja Odyssey will happen this way:

In a few days (probably on Saturday) the sale starts at naberhood.com.

You can buy:

The Cartridge for 40 USD + shipping

The ROM for 20 USD.

Cartridge and ROM combined for 50 USD (+ shipping).

The ROM will be encrypted and works only on the LTO Flash! No other multi cart or any emulator.

If 140 cartridges are sold (which is in my opinion a very reasonable number), there will be boxes, instruction booklets and overlays produced for the game in June.

You can upgrade from the cartridge to the complete version.

There will be a certain number of complete boxes (but we encourage you to buy the cartridge to ensure the break even). If you buy now only the ROM, you will get a 10USD discount on the complete version.

I can assure you that this is a game that will blow you away! It sets new standards on the Intellivision (with many great games over the last years). 

And there are already more games in the making that are developed by Kai Magazine!

Edited by Intymike, Tue Feb 5, 2019 12:34 PM.

#38 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,210 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 2:50 PM

So how much will the box kit cost ??
So 40 usd and shipping now and in June box ship plus shipping. What will a CIB of this game turn out to be.
That is the question?

#39 Intymike ONLINE  

Intymike

River Patroller

• 3,268 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 3:37 PM

So how much will the box kit cost ??
So 40 usd and shipping now and in June box ship plus shipping. What will a CIB of this game turn out to be.
That is the question?

I don't know for now but I assume it will add up to the price of a normal Elektronite game. 

#40 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,210 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 3:53 PM

I don't know for now but I assume it will add up to the price of a normal Elektronite game.

you know how things are around here , we cant assume anything anymore.. The box flaps have been opened wide..

It would be nice if a price would be provided this way there would be no surprises ...

#41 TrekMD OFFLINE  

TrekMD

River Patroller

• 3,904 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 7:16 PM

Good to know that it will be a cart release first.  I was going to wait for the boxed release thinking that was coming later. 

#42 Rev ONLINE  

Rev

IntellivisionRevolution

• 16,361 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 10:17 PM

Will the Ninja cart release come with a manual and 2 overlays?

#43 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,210 posts

Posted Wed Feb 6, 2019 3:46 AM

Will the Ninja cart release come with a manual and 2 overlays?

Great question.. or at least a description of game points/goals ext printout..

#44 Intymike ONLINE  

Intymike

River Patroller

• 3,268 posts

Posted Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:57 AM

Update:

The release of Ninja Odyssey will happen this way:

In a few days (probably on Saturday) the sale starts at naberhood.com.

You can buy:

The Cartridge (Cartridge only) for 40 USD + shipping

The ROM for 20 USD.

Cartridge and ROM combined for 50 USD (+ shipping).

The ROM will be encrypted and works only on the LTO Flash! No other multi cart or any emulator.

If 140 cartridges are sold (which is in my opinion a very reasonable number), there will be boxes, instruction booklets and overlays produced for the game in June.

You can upgrade from the cartridge to the complete version. The upgrade kit will cost 30USD.

(about shipping costs: The shipping of the cartridge will be marginally cheaper than a complete edition, as it goes for the upgrade kit if not preassembled)

There will be a certain number of complete boxes (but we encourage you to buy the cartridge to ensure the break even). If you buy now only the ROM, you will get a 10USD discount on the complete version.

I can assure you that this is a game that will blow you away! It sets new standards on the Intellivision (with many great games over the last years). 

And there are already more games in the making that are developed by Kai Magazine!

All other questions will be answered on it's release!

#45 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

Intellivoted

• 2,875 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Wed Feb 6, 2019 9:43 AM

There's not much left to assume now. Thank you for the detailed update

#46 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 3,254 posts

Posted Wed Feb 6, 2019 10:58 AM

Thanks Mike for all the info!🙂

#47 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,210 posts

Posted Wed Feb 6, 2019 11:30 AM

There's not much left to assume now. Thank you for the detailed update

Being detailed sure helps doesnt it.

Thanks Mike for the quick updates. Looking forward to this release.

#48 blainelocklair OFFLINE  

blainelocklair

Moonsweeper

• 281 posts

Posted Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:03 PM

That is indeed a lot of detailed info, and much appreciated.

It may be that the older I'm getting, the more I just smile and sit around looking like I have no idea what's going on, because I actually might not. So please bear with me if this is already understood from prior posts. When the sale starts on Saturday or so, does that mean the LTO ROM will be available for purchase and download in a day or two after the LTO S/N is provided? Or is everything on day one still pre-order? I have an LTO so I'll certainly get the ROM for this game, at a minimum.

Thanks!

Blaine

#49 SoulBuster OFFLINE  

SoulBuster

River Patroller

• 2,441 posts

Posted Fri Feb 8, 2019 12:52 PM

Elektronite has assumed the policy that we will start sales and ship when we have the materials.  There will be no pre-orders. 

I will have a meeting regarding delivery of ROMS with William tonight, but it will be something like this: If you make a purchase that includes the ROM, complete the purchase and email your LTO Flash ID along with your order number to me and I will send the encrypted ROM back by email.  Yes, it may take a day or two,

#50 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

River Patroller

• 2,626 posts

Posted Fri Feb 8, 2019 3:18 PM

Elektronite has assumed the policy that we will start sales and ship when we have the materials.  There will be no pre-orders. 

I will have a meeting regarding delivery of ROMS with William tonight, but it will be something like this: If you make a purchase that includes the ROM, complete the purchase and email your LTO Flash ID along with your order number to me and I will send the encrypted ROM back by email.  Yes, it may take a day or two,

What if a person doesn't own an LTO Flash? The rom can't be used by people with just an emulator? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: platformer, mario, wonder boy, thios odyssey, kai magazine, intellivision, elektronite

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users