IGNORED

Ninja Odyssey will be released very soon for Intellivision

Kai_Magazine

I dont think sending the bare board would save anything within the usa though. So it might be good to leave them in the shell to protect them.

I think both ways they will be the lowest first class option for price.

Just a thought...I don't know how expensive PCBs are, but if they are less than the cost of two way shipping could you just send new boards? I'm already paying to ship one way anyway, and Elektronite will be out the cost of the board and return shipping. What if we just pay for 1 way shipping and Elektronite pay for the new board?

Just a thought...I don't know how expensive PCBs are, but if they are less than the cost of two way shipping could you just send new boards? I'm already paying to ship one way anyway, and Elektronite will be out the cost of the board and return shipping. What if we just pay for 1 way shipping and Elektronite pay for the new board?

They're sufficiently expensive that it makes sense to make an exchange.

Within the US, shipping a board in a bubble mailer is a ~$1 proposition each way if you just ship the PCB first class. For Europe, we probably want to work on cost-optimizing a bit.

• Like 1

They're sufficiently expensive that it makes sense to make an exchange.

Within the US, shipping a board in a bubble mailer is a ~$1 proposition each way if you just ship the PCB first class. For Europe, we probably want to work on cost-optimizing a bit.

Thanks for the info. That makes sense. Shipping my Hover Bovver half cut board to Thailand was relatively pricey, but I was worried about damage and may have over packed it a bit. I'll try to keep it simpler when I ship Nina Odyssey to you :D

Thanks for the info. That makes sense. Shipping my Hover Bovver half cut board to Thailand was relatively pricey, but I was worried about damage and may have over packed it a bit. I'll try to keep it simpler when I ship Nina Odyssey to you :D

The boards are rather durable. A bubble envelop or photo mailer suffices.

Is this bug fixed in the remaining stock? I dont consider to buy the game until its available CiB.

if everybody did the same the game would never reach the sales of 140 copies the publisher is aiming to before starting making the boxes (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/287853-ninja-odyssey-will-be-released-very-soon-for-intellivision/?p=4213618).

Lucky you there are people like me :)

(even though I still haven't bought it: I'm just waiting for Tim to start the sales again)

• Like 1

Not buying the game until it's CiB and not making boxes until there are enough units made is a vicious circle which will only end on no more games of this kind being made due to lack of support.

Remember that if you buy the cartridge alone now, you can buy the box later.

I understand the box is important for many people, but giving support to the developers seems more important than a box. Even more when this is not a hobby for me: making games is my job and my only source of income, so it is pretty obvious that if there is no support (for whatever reasons) I will have to leave to another system.

I think we need to grow the classic intellivision market. With a bigger pool of players than we can support the collectors that enjoy the “game” of pursuing and acquiring content, and players that just want to play. Most developers are targeting the player market when there is a lot of money targeting the collectors. I am on the gamer side by the way. But I think marketing of some kind would go a long way towards making it worthwhile for people to actually create more stuff.

By the way, today is National Beer Day in the USA, so I think it makes a perfect day to ask for someone with talent to make a “Tapper” style of game. :)

Not buying the game until it's CiB and not making boxes until there are enough units made is a vicious circle which will only end on no more games of this kind being made due to lack of support.

Easy solution: Pre Order. Elektronite has a good reputation and everyone know the game is ready. So just open a CiB Pre-Order, may even paid and there is no circle. As a customer I am just not willing to buy everything in parts. It was the same for Old School back then and to be honest: Its wasting of money, because I have to pay shipping twice, just to get a CiB game.

I know we had some issues with pre orders in the community, but as a trustworthy seller Elektronite easily could offer this and everyone would be happy.

Edit: And I also get your point, but I really dont get the problem with paying a game and getting it when its ready. You as a developer would get money and me as a customer would safe unnecessary costs.

Edited by Ignorama

Remember that if you buy the cartridge alone now, you can buy the box later.

I understand the box is important for many people, but giving support to the developers seems more important than a box. Even more when this is not a hobby for me: making games is my job and my only source of income, so it is pretty obvious that if there is no support (for whatever reasons) I will have to leave to another system.

If not enough carts sell by the time you would call it, you might as well offer to take preorders for the box at double the planned price, or whatever price makes it worthwhile.

This way the market would still dictate the price point its willing to bear and the price that CIB needs to be.

You have a game that is as high quality as anything else for Intellivision and is also more appealing to classic game fans outside of the Intellivision community. I think that if you marketed Ninja Odyssey to the greater classic gaming audience you could wind up with more sales to non-Intellivision fans than to everyone here. It's sad that it's the state of gaming in general now, but the best way to get people to hear about it is to get some talking heads on youtube to feature it.

If not enough carts sell by the time you would call it, you might as well offer to take preorders for the box at double the planned price, or whatever price makes it worthwhile.

I guess 70$, which is already pretty premium, is the estimated price. So you really suggest to sell it for 140? I guess one or two guys would pay that, yeah. But thats it, most players wont do this. You really overestimate the market for Intellivision Games, its small, very small.