IGNORED

Jzintv4droid multi touch

Bamse

I would like to be able to play intellivision games on the move and have jzintv4droid installed on both my phone and tablet but there is a problem with the controls which I just want to check if its intrinsic to the software.

My screens allow multi tap so I can press 2 seperate parts of the screen at the same time and both will be registered independently of each other. However, within jzintv4droid I can only press 1 spot at a time. So I can't press the disc and the side buttons together. This makes so many games unplayable.

Does anyone know of a way around this or have a solution?

I have exactly the same problem, Bamse. It's interesting, when I touch two parts of the screen I know that the multitouch registers because of the haptic feedback.

I tested this out with Demon Attack (the bane of my existence [emoji39]) and was unable to move and shoot at the same time. There definitely is a problem for me with this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, I've tried it with my tablet and my phone. I turned on Show Touches so I could definitely see that with JZINTV4DROID the screen registers 2 seperate touches, the app itself seems to only allow 1 touch at a time though. Tried in Demon attack and Astrosmash. It's unplayable like this.

So, ive downloaded Retroarch on my table and use the Freeintv emulator core in that. This works very well with multi-tap but even better, it's supports external controllers so I can now play with my ps3 controller. So much better :)

I agree, touchscreen is terrible for these games. I had bought a stick on thumb joystick which works really well but the single touch problem makes it unplayable.

It could be that my devices are relatively new or maybe, you have an older version of jzintv4droid?

No, i don't think so either.

To be fair, even if someone did have a solution for me, I probably still would have uninstalled it now that I've tried Freeintv through retroarch using PS3 controller. So much better using a controller instead of a touchscreen and jzintv4droid doesn't support controllers anyway.

Thanks all for your input, it's very much appreciated as always :)

True but using an external controller is not as portable. I forgot about those stick-on buttons.

Another problem is jzintv4droid is fixed to a vertical orientation. I assume you can use a horizontal orientation with retroarch.

Edited by mr_me

No, you have to think to take the controller with you in advance so its not as convenient as just being able to get your phone out and play. Retroarch has an overlay control as well though so it's not much different to using the JZINTV4DROID touch controls (except of course Multitouch works for me in Retroarch :D )

This, you can play landscape or portrait in Retroarch plus, it supports save states so you can save your games.

Edited by Bamse

Not sure if you can map the dpad to buttons in retroarch. I just read in the libretro forum that they've mapped keypad 1-4,6-9 to the right analog stick. That's pretty good if you don't mind playing left handed. If they ever implement Netplay in freeintv they might have something.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1