Been slowly bringing this closer to a demo. So what's here?
- a 32x 22 playfield
- a temporary level to play in (from sword of iffrit the old 4k one)
- lite dialog system
- a working store
- items to collect (armor, magic ring, roots, helm, treasure)
- an enemy to kill (a spider)
- death screen
- title screen
- useable item (heath potion)
- enemy randomly drops treasure chests.
- score tracks # of gold pieces
- inventory system tracks what you find (here I am aiming for selectable weapons and useable items).
- Theme is based on JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion (it may span several cartridges)
- Use JOYSTICK to move and attack with FIRE button.
- HOLD the SELECT button to go into inventory.
- Cycle inventory by pressing RIGHT on the JOYSTICK.
- To use potion highlight it in inventory and press DOWN the life gauge on the lower left will refill to max life.
- RESET switch returns to titlescreen
- On the "SHOP" screen FIRE is advance/confirm
and SELECT is esc/cancel. There is only one item for sale at this time.
Whadda ya think?
The Children of Hurin prototype WIP.bin 32KB 83 downloads
Edited by ultima, Sat Feb 9, 2019 8:52 PM.