Posted Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:16 AM

"This product isn't right"
"Sucks to be you!"

#27 Machine OFFLINE  

Machine

Dragonstomper

• 597 posts

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:48 PM

I received this cartridge holder for the Atari Jaguar yesterday. I have to say I have mixed feelings about it....

It does look pretty good and I like the design. However, I think it is just a smidge too small. To insert carts is difficult: I find that the slots are very, very snug. If I push a cart all the way into a slot, it takes a tremendous amount of force to pry the cart back out. The slots should really be at least a couple more millimeters wider and longer.  Pretty disappointing.

I wrote to the etsy vendor, and all he wrote back was essentially, "Gosh that's too bad - for future orders we'll try printing at 101% or 102% so the carts fit better."

So, yeah, I can't recommend the vendor.  If you print your own from the files on thingiverse, you might well have a better experience.

Why not just ask him to replace it with one that is better?

#28 ls650 OFFLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,449 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:34 PM

I think I will, but from the tone and wording of the message I received, it's clear my request will be unsuccessful.

#29 doctorclu OFFLINE  

doctorclu

***Moon Patrol 5200*** *Moon Master2015* *Blue Max:Class 4*

• 7,747 posts
  • *Star Raiders 2* **Captain -CL 2**

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:02 AM

Hmmm... just had the idea for 3D printed labels from all this:  A name of the cartridge printed in a half-cylinder to snap on over your cartridge handle.

Wouldn't mind a raised tactile text of Joust.. maybe Doom... definitely Bubsy..   Would work best with the shorter names.   Great for finding a cartridge in the dark.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users