jzintv on newer macs running mojave

2 replies to this topic

#1 ColecoJoe OFFLINE  

ColecoJoe

Dragonstomper

• 506 posts

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:04 AM

Hello, 

I was wondering if anybody with a new Mac has had any problems running JZINTV? All my other macs with older hardware running Mojave runs the emulator with no issues but my work computer gives me the following error:

HALT! PC=0049 Instr =         63 MS =         57

I'm not running anything crazy just a real basic rom launch : 

./jzintv -z3 ../rom/cvdemo.rom

I've deleted and reinstalled SDL but no luck. I have also created a new profile to see if that was the issue but have the same problem. 

Not a big deal since I have options, it's just been bugging me :)

My Mac's specs:

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 9.01.11 AM.png

#2 intvsteve OFFLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 3,328 posts

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:43 PM

Which version of jzintv are you using?

Until very recently, all versions of jzintv have been 32-bit, and I know Apple has been suggesting dropping 32-bit app support for some time.  I thought that day had not come yet.

That said, a 64-bit build of jzintv has been made - not sure if it's been released yet.  I also hope to have an udpated LTO Flash! UI software release soon, which would include the 64-bit version of jzintv.  LUI itself as a 64-bit app is still not officially released, though it's possible a tester or two has it.

#3 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 3,821 posts

Posted Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:36 AM

Jzintv windows is still 32-bit and jzintv linux has been 64-bit for some time. SDL 1.2 for windows and linux have both 32bit and 64bit downloads. Both jzintv and SDL for mac don't say if they're 32-bit or 64-bit. While SDL and jzintv should match 64bit or 32bit; the front-end shouldn't matter.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users