IGNORED

Started My Online Store Two Days Ago

cncfreak

So the wife and I decided to go ahead and start an online store for games a few days ago. We've got the brick and mortar store for over 2 years now but thought it was time to get everything online as well. Currently we've got about 300 items up and hope in the upcoming months to get about 90% of our store inventory up. Please take a look and give me some feedback. Unfortunately Shipping is a little wonky with Weebly (the store we decided to go with) but we went with it since we were using Square for the Point of Sale and could immediately import our inventory right in with not much though. If by chance you see items you might be interested in and it's a little expensive for shipping, let me know and we could always do a Paypal invoice.

https://www.classiccontagiousgames.com

79ng2JC.jpg

• Like 4

cncfreak,

Great to see your new online store. I'm always glad to know there are folks out there that still sell the stuff we love.

Since you asked for some feedback, I'll share some thoughts:

1) I'm on MacOS Mojave 10.14.3 with Safari. Everything loads and works fine, to the best of my knowledge. I think there are around 20,000,000 or so Macs sold per year, so it's good to know that your site is Mac-friendly.

2) The first text on the site says, "The same affordable prices from our physical location now in an online store." Then, the first "Featured" game is a $225.00 SMS game. I noticed the featured games are in descending price order. Unless the SMS game is super desirable (I don't know), it might be worth reversing the order and having the lowest priced "Featured" items first. Would definitely be more in line with the affordable slogan.

3) I clicked on several categories in the left-hand navigation (3DO, Intellivision, Dreamcast) that had no inventory for sale in them. If Weebly will allow it, you might consider having navigation links turn off when there is no inventory in stock. I can see where the long list of nav items looks impressive, and showcases your typical inventory. It just gets a bit frustrating to go to links that are essentially dead ends with nothing to see.

That's all I got! I have bookmarked the store on my end. I will keep looking through it for items to purchase as they come to mind or pop up in the nav. Thanks again for being out there and for reaching out to us collectors with your store. It's amazing what the internet has done to make this hobby and passion of ours amazing.

- Blaine

• 1 month later...

cncfreak,

Great to see your new online store. I'm always glad to know there are folks out there that still sell the stuff we love.

Since you asked for some feedback, I'll share some thoughts:

1) I'm on MacOS Mojave 10.14.3 with Safari. Everything loads and works fine, to the best of my knowledge. I think there are around 20,000,000 or so Macs sold per year, so it's good to know that your site is Mac-friendly.

2) The first text on the site says, "The same affordable prices from our physical location now in an online store." Then, the first "Featured" game is a $225.00 SMS game. I noticed the featured games are in descending price order. Unless the SMS game is super desirable (I don't know), it might be worth reversing the order and having the lowest priced "Featured" items first. Would definitely be more in line with the affordable slogan.

3) I clicked on several categories in the left-hand navigation (3DO, Intellivision, Dreamcast) that had no inventory for sale in them. If Weebly will allow it, you might consider having navigation links turn off when there is no inventory in stock. I can see where the long list of nav items looks impressive, and showcases your typical inventory. It just gets a bit frustrating to go to links that are essentially dead ends with nothing to see.

That's all I got! I have bookmarked the store on my end. I will keep looking through it for items to purchase as they come to mind or pop up in the nav. Thanks again for being out there and for reaching out to us collectors with your store. It's amazing what the internet has done to make this hobby and passion of ours amazing.

- Blaine

Thanks for all the feedback. We now have over 1000 items up so hopefully some of the empty categories now have items in them :)

I browsed the shop also and as a potential customer I am always wary of purchasing used CD/DVD based media without first checking for scratches.

I would like to recommend in the product photos to maybe snap a quick picture of the underside of the discs, maybe hard to get the lighting right but may be worthwhile since you are just setting up. As a personal rule I do not purchase discs without knowing first and I am sure I am not alone in that regards, maybe in the minority but probably not alone... I hope, maybe I need help :-o

**Edit**

Just saw the "guarantee the item you receive will be in working order" statement on your about page and that does help. But a photo would remove doubts.

Edited by Drelen

I browsed the shop also and as a potential customer I am always wary of purchasing used CD/DVD based media without first checking for scratches.

I would like to recommend in the product photos to maybe snap a quick picture of the underside of the discs, maybe hard to get the lighting right but may be worthwhile since you are just setting up. As a personal rule I do not purchase discs without knowing first and I am sure I am not alone in that regards, maybe in the minority but probably not alone... I hope, maybe I need help :-o

**Edit**

Just saw the "guarantee the item you receive will be in working order" statement on your about page and that does help. But a photo would remove doubts.

Yeah i don't know why but it''s always hard to get a photo showing the backside of the disc. At least it is for me but good idea.