IGNORED

Who's going to CGE?

punkoffgirl

I would be except that I can't afford to go to AGE or CGE and also do my OKGE show in September.

I must admit that I am very curious to know the end tally result of how many people attend AGE vs CGE.

Had to plug the OKGE once more...hehe... :twisted:

I must admit that I am very curious to know the end tally result of how many people attend AGE vs CGE.
Not I. For both organizing parties have said, over and over, it's not a "vs." situation. It's just giving the public more options to attend. It's not about "who had more," right? :?

What would a tally of this nature prove exactly?

I've been to a lot of shows, and I can tell you that the number of people who attend is not directly proportional to how good the show is, nor to how much fun it is. I've had gaming house parties that were better than some of the shows I've been to, and I've seen gigantic crowds of people disappointed with the results of the very show they're attending.

AGE will be great, and I'd be there if it weren't for CGE, which I'm contractually obligated to attend :)

Not really sure you can compare the two anyway - one is a one-day event, one is a two-day event.

Anyway, here's hoping CGE, ACE and OKGE are all hella fun.  That's all that counts in my book.   :D

Not just that one is a one day and one is a two day---more importantly they are two different shows in that one is for classic gaming and one is for all gaming (classic and modern).

Not just that one is a one day and one is a two day---more importantly they are two different shows in that one is for classic gaming and one is for all gaming (classic and modern).
Aren't they both for "all" gaming? I know CGE has "classic " as part of its name, but I think most expos today kinda need to encompass a little bit of what's going on today. CGE bills itself as a "celebration of classic gaming," but there is usually some bits and pieces of neo-classic and modern stuff too. I'm pretty sure that AGE bills itself for all eras, but will focus a great chunk on the classics (especially Atari! ;) ), as that's what most of us are into anyway. Same for Philly, and Cinci, and ad infinitum. ;)

I think AGE might be a little more geared towards "All Gaming" than CGE. While I'm sure there will be PLENTY of classic gaming goodness, there are vendors who specialize in modern gaming specifically that are coming with XB's and PC's to link together for online play, among others.

Let's please not turn this into a CGE vs AGE issue, cause that's not what it is. There's absolutely nothing like this anywhere near those of us in South/Central Texas and there never really has been, so it was a good opportunity. There's been a great response from people in this area, everyone I've told about it is coming and were very surprised a gaming expo was being held here.

IMO, I don't think AGE will have more people than CGE anyway, remember this is the first year for AGE. The organizers are going to make this a GREAT show, but it'll take a while for the word to get out there.

Both shows will be huge successes in their own way.

Hmm...

I am a bit pissed how my words were twisted. All I stated was that I was interested to see what the attendance numbers for these shows will be. Simply because I know that some people cannot attend both shows. Those who can more power to them. I never stated this was a Vs war...and I only used that to state comparison between attendance itself. Now I come back and you guys just immediately ASSUME that I am talking about some rivalry between the two shows.

Let us please read more carefully next time and try to understand fully what it is that is being said before taking things out of context and thereby actually creating a problems. :roll:

However, I do find it unfair that CGE services knows for a FACT that AA and several other vendors will not be present at this years CGE since they can't do both shows in such a short amount of time. Yet, they still list AA and some of the others on their site. I know they state it is from last years exhibitors...but it could be thought of as misleading.

just my .02 cents... :ponder:

I know your words were harmless, but it still needs to be said (that it's not CGE vs AGE) because it's bound to come up at some point.

Sorry, I wasn't even thinking of you in my post, I don't know about the others.

It's easy to not fully understand what people are saying though on the internet, people you dont really know.

No one is going to either! :woozy:

Through careful scientific calculation using the relative positions of the stars and the planets (and my Mattel Aquarius Biorhythms cart), I have predicted that the end of the world will occur July 24th!

So don't go making any future plans... :D

Tempest

I know your words were harmless, but it still needs to be said  (that it's not CGE vs AGE) because it's bound to come up at some point.
True that. And the phrase "AGE vs. CGE" *did* appear in your message. As MacGurl said, it's tough to gauge intent/meaning from words flickering on a screen. Obviously yours were benign. But someone else's may not necessarily be.

Let's wish everyone the best with their respective meets, including OKGe which is on the horizon, as is the Midwest Classic!

I have predicted that the end of the world will occur July 24th!
That's my brother's birthday! I always said he was some kind of anti-Chrust or something. That big dummy - going off and destroying the world and all. Whatta asshat. 8)

Anti-Chrust?

Is that for people who are particular about their PB & J sammiches?

Let us please read more carefully next time and try to understand fully what it is that is being said before taking things out of context and thereby actually creating a problems.

Sorry if you read it that way...speaking only for myself, I was trying to forestall any problems. My apologies if I read too much between the lines.

I'd go to AGE too if I could, but my schedule and my brother's schedule (he lives in Austin) just aren't going to mesh that weekend. However, I am trying to convince him to at least check it out for himself, and to take my niece to show her how he and I wasted so much of our time growing up. :D With my luck, she'd get hooked and he'd be on my doorstep demanding custody of the family VCS. :razz:

well... to get back on topic :ponder: i'm going to CGE! if i could get the extra time off from work i would like to go to AGE and eurocon meets.... but can't this year, hopefully next year. don't know if i could make all 3! :? :sad:

Take care,

rick

All you CGE bastards will soon learn how AGE will KICK IT'S ASS  :x  Which side are you on?  

8)

That must explain why AGE will not accept a very generous gold level $500 sponsorship by CGE and Digital Press. Nor will they explain the sponsorship criteria, or denial reasons in any written form.

Somehow indoor race tracks are acceptable sponsors but not other classic game community members.

I'm setting my stopwatch to see how long it takes you to delete my post Albert.......GO! 1001....1002....1003....1004...

Jerry

Archived