Magnavox Odyssey 4305

Rare MagnavoxOdyssey Pong

8 replies to this topic

#1 ETWelty OFFLINE  

ETWelty

Space Invader

• 25 posts

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:10 PM

Hi everyone, I made a "grail" addition to my collection this weekend and thought I'd share. I finally found the elusive Magnavox Odyssey 4305! I'd love to know who else on here owns one, as I 'd love to work up some numbers on how many are left. I bought it with 2 sets of paddles, and the guy said his grandmother had originally bought 3 (I gathered that this was the last one they still had), which explained the extra controllers. I never thought I would find one, especially since they dont stand out obviously, But I am ecstatic to start the cleaning processes and a few minor repairs to make it a bit safer. (sorry for the picture being sideways, I can never get it to post them correctly :)

Attached Thumbnails

• Magnavox Odyssey 4305.jpg

#2 Blazing Lazers OFFLINE  

Blazing Lazers

Stargunner

• 1,573 posts

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:54 PM

Awesome find! :)

This is one of the relatively few grails left for me as a collector, and it is indeed encouraging to know that these are still turning up in the wild. I would greatly enjoy hearing more of the backstory behind how you located this treasure!

#3 8_is_enuff ONLINE  

8_is_enuff

Chopper Commander

• 133 posts

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:19 PM

I never heard of the 4305.  What a cool find!  Love this Odyssey. :love:

The picture looks to be in good shape too.

I've been a big Odyssey fan since I was a kid back in the heyday of the O2.  And I never saw any Odyssey pong units until I started hitting flea markets in the 1990s as an adult.  This is some kind of find.  There cannot be very many of these around.

Congrats!

#4 ETWelty OFFLINE  

ETWelty

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 25 posts

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:55 PM

Awesome find! :)

This is one of the relatively few grails left for me as a collector, and it is indeed encouraging to know that these are still turning up in the wild. I would greatly enjoy hearing more of the backstory behind how you located this treasure!

Thanks! I actually just stumbled on it on a facebook search. I hardly ever search for Magnavox Odyssey anymore as they are either way to high, or never there, I just go super lucky on this one though. The guy said that his grandmother had bought 3 sets, but I'm assuming the other 2 were likely trashed at some point, which is sad. It has definetly seen some better days (looks like a lava lamp used to be on it as there is a small droop and discoloration), but overall, especially for the price I paid and the rarity, it is in good shape. I truly never expected to find one, but luck, patience and timing is everything

#5 ETWelty OFFLINE  

ETWelty

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 25 posts

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:55 PM

I never heard of the 4305.  What a cool find!  Love this Odyssey. :love:

The picture looks to be in good shape too.

I've been a big Odyssey fan since I was a kid back in the heyday of the O2.  And I never saw any Odyssey pong units until I started hitting flea markets in the 1990s as an adult.  This is some kind of find.  There cannot be very many of these around.

Congrats!

#6 BassGuitari OFFLINE  

BassGuitari

Glorified Toaster

• 6,959 posts
  • Remember how bright the future used to look?

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:25 PM

Definitely don't see these every day. Great score! :thumbsup:

#7 ETWelty OFFLINE  

ETWelty

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 25 posts

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:24 PM

Definitely don't see these every day. Great score! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

#8 Scooter83 OFFLINE  

Scooter83

Dragonstomper

• 672 posts

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:53 PM

It's been on my list for years. Great find. I fear still I may never end up with one

#9 ETWelty OFFLINE  

ETWelty

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 25 posts

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:09 PM

It's been on my list for years. Great find. I fear still I may never end up with one

Thanks! I could hardly believe it when I saw it. I had seen the one video on youtube and a few pictures, but I never fathomed seeing one, especially owning one. My main worry was to not overpay, but it is one of those items you only get one chance to buy a lifetime

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rare, MagnavoxOdyssey, Pong

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users