So after playing through Treasure Island Dizzy the other night I thought i'd give this a whirl. My first thought is: What a beautiful game and high production value to boot. This is as stunning now as it was when it first came out. My game lasted about 20 minutes; and I got my rear handed to me. So my questions are as follows:
1. What is the best (i.e.) easiest character to start with of the four if you are just starting out?
2. Is it possible to increase your income in the game? Or can you only do that by conquest? I found it hard to afford more than soldiers and could never afford knights/cavalry or anything higher.
3. When i would go to conquest, it would say "you have no army" even though i had 8-12 troops. What qualifies as an army?
4. When i would raid castles, it seems like one button is strike, one is block. I couldn't block much. Seemed like i would take an obligatory amount of hits no matter what. Should I be backing up? What is the best way to do this sword-fighting mini-game?
5. At a certain point i had to go save a maiden; which i did (it was awesome!) Even brought Robin Hood along with me. but then i was attacked from all sides. A "what is your strategy" window popped up. I was pondering what to do next for all of five seconds when it dissapeared and I lost the game. Didn't realize it was that fast!! When you have seconds to consider on these; what is the best option to pick quickly to try to get a leg up?
6. Jousting--never had the money to do this.
7. What is your general winning strategy/strategies for this game?
Can't wait to give it another few goes and hear from you all as to your thoughts on the various aspects of this beautiful game.