Diagnostic codes for the Colecovision?

Colecovision codes diagnostics

2 replies to this topic

#1 vgcollector OFFLINE  

vgcollector

Space Invader

• 45 posts

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:50 AM

HI, I recently purchased the Ultimate SD Colecovision cartridge. I have a Colecovision with a bad memory chip. I ran the diagnostics using the cartridge and I received a failure code on the VRAM of 0x7143 [71,BF]. However I can't find any diagnostic codes that will help me identify which chip is bad. If you are familar with the test, I get the first white video screen and then I get the error. I appreciate any help. I have looked for this code or even part of it, but I can't find anything in the documentation I have found so far.

Thanks

#2 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 6,991 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:28 AM

So on the test you see the first screen with the white stripes on it and then on the next screen it fails? That next screen should be the color test. Also can you post a pic of what your Colecovision main logo screen looks like without a cart plugged in assuming that comes up looking goofy?

Edited by -^CrožBow^-, Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:30 AM.

#3 vgcollector OFFLINE  

vgcollector

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 45 posts

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:32 AM

So on the test you see the first screen with the white stripes on it and then on the next screen it fails? That next screen should be the color test. Also can you post a pic of what your Colecovision main logo screen looks like without a cart plugged in assuming that comes up looking goofy?

Thanks for the reply!! The unit works fine, but it has a screen glitch on Donkey King on the 2nd & 3rd screens where one block isn't displayed correctly. Everything else is fine.

Thanks,
Vgcollector

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Colecovision, codes, diagnostics

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users