Photo

Jaguar Rgb issues

9 replies to this topic

#1 MissDeLaRocha OFFLINE  

MissDeLaRocha

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:23 AM

Hi just wondered if anyone could help.. Recently upgraded to rgb cables to my Jag on RF the colours are spot on but wanted better sound and video so got a set of RGB cables from retrogamingcables and when I boot it what should be White is Yellow and there's a muddy yellowing over screen in the games too. I've also tried an rgb cable from retro computer shack and I'm having the same issue.

#2 Zerosquare OFFLINE  

Zerosquare

River Patroller

• 2,766 posts

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:11 PM

Try cleaning the video port with alcohol, and checking that the cable is firmly inserted on both ends.

#3 MissDeLaRocha OFFLINE  

MissDeLaRocha

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:46 PM

Already cleaned the edge connector and I can assure you it's not an issue with the rgb scart lead not being inserted correctly. But thanks for the reply. Any more help would be appreciated.

#4 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,841 posts

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:02 PM

Are you going into a PVM or similar RGB monitor? Are you using an upscaler? Presumably all other RGB cables/systems you have work fine on the same setup?

#5 MissDeLaRocha OFFLINE  

MissDeLaRocha

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:13 PM

Going into a crt tv. I've tried the jag on my other crt tvs and get the same results. My other consoles work fine via rgb on these tvs. No upscalers

#6 Zerosquare OFFLINE  

Zerosquare

River Patroller

• 2,766 posts

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:24 PM

It's unlikely that both cables are defective in the same way, so the issue must be with the console. But it's the first time I've heard of a Jaguar with this problem.
Are you comfortable using a soldering iron?

#7 MissDeLaRocha OFFLINE  

MissDeLaRocha

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:11 AM

I'm not a soldering wiz but I own a soldering iron or two, what is your suggestion?

#8 Zerosquare OFFLINE  

Zerosquare

River Patroller

• 2,766 posts

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:56 AM

There are not many components that may cause the problem you're seeing. They are highlighted in yellow on the picture:
blue.png

Checking and replacing them if necessary should solve the problem. It may also be a broken track, which can be found with a multimeter.

#9 Stephen Moss OFFLINE  

Stephen Moss

Stargunner

• 1,152 posts

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:24 AM

It is an interesting issue, do you have another RGB source you can try to see if it is the inputs to the display are at fault?

I may be wrong but the fact that the colours are correct via RF suggests that the Jaguar is generating the correct colours otherwise they would be off there as well. Zerosquare has already indicated the area to investigate, personally I would be looking at the 75R resistors, ferrite beads & as Zerosquare suggested a broken track in that area because if anything prior to that was off I would expect the colours in RF should be off as well.

White should be 100% R, G & B either therefore either all the colour voltage levels are off and everything looks a darker/grubby shade of what it should or one colour is off, does either R, G or B look off more than the others? Personally I would suspect Red if it is looking slightly yellow.   

#10 Zerosquare OFFLINE  

Zerosquare

River Patroller

• 2,766 posts

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:00 PM

I had missed the part about colors being fine on RF. This narrows the problem down further more, to resistor R43 and ferrite L14 (and the tracks that are connected to them).

Edited by Zerosquare, Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:01 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users