Wanted: Atari 600/800XL keyboard

wanted keyboard 800xl 600xl

2 replies to this topic

#1 blakespot OFFLINE  

blakespot

Chopper Commander

• 190 posts

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:02 PM

I have an Atari 800XL PAL unit with Supervideo XL mod that I paid a good bit for from Germany. The keyboard in it had a stuck key. I confirmed it was mechanical. Air did not help so I took the membrane loose. Apparently a mistake. Replacing after cleaning, only the function keys work. Reseated cable repeatedly. 

I was going to buy another unit on eBay and take the keyboard, but they are too expensive, so I will not be watching scene demos on this but shelving it, it seems. I can't afford a new one. (Someone is currently selling a PIECE OF FOAM from the box of a 600XL for $32....)

Before I close the door on my A8 experience for probably a decade, I wanted to see if anyone had a spare keyboard for the unit that I could buy for a fairly low price. Probably not, but I wanted to take one more chance before I put this broken system away.

Thanks. :-/

bp

#2 slx OFFLINE  

slx

Stargunner

• 1,789 posts

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:42 AM

Did you look at http://www.best-elec...board Mylar.htm

There are also some instructions online on repairing Keyboard mylars with conductive paint. It might be just a few broken traces on the mylar.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

#3 DNA128k OFFLINE  

DNA128k

Star Raider

• 65 posts

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:28 AM

I'm taking trade/buy offers on a 600XL with working keyboard in the Marketplace if you want to take a look.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted, keyboard, 800xl, 600xl

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users