IGNORED

Broken Atari 2600 6-switch- how can it be fixed

Spector

I'm in the UK, and I bought an old 6 switch woody from America, but it was faulty, with odd glitches showing in the graphics. I got a refund, and I've got it still sitting in a box in my bedroom. I don't want to throw it out, and I'd love to get it working with a good picture because the original 6 switch model is such a classic design, but I'm wondering if there's anyone with the expertise to be able to do something like that. Are there any Brits/Europeans who would be willing to sell their services and repair it?

Have you tried multiple, known good, games in the unit?

Can you perhaps post some pictures of the issue?

Are you using an NTSC Atari system on a PAL television set?

First of all, it's not a PAL-NTSC problem. as I have another NTSC Atari that works fine. The glitches on the six-switcher include Combat tanks jumping randomly and instantaneously around the screen, ghosts in Pacman moving in slow motion and games starting with the score counter at 999999 with a malformed power pill, and general graphical glitches in Ms Pacman. It's more than just a dodgy composite mod, and it's a problem that's out of my league to fix. But maybe there are some potential genuises on here who can fix it!