The Atari Dance Machine

arcade prototype dance DDR dance machine discovery Atari laserdisc

2 replies to this topic

#1 Shaggy the Atarian OFFLINE  

Shaggy the Atarian

Stargunner

• 1,301 posts

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:39 AM

(Not sure if this belongs more in Prototypes or here; a mod can feel free to move if they like)

Eat your heart out DDR and Dance Evolution. This was one of Atari's laserdisc projects, although I hadn't seen it on any games list before this. Unearthed by the Strong National Museum of Play:

#2 moycon OFFLINE  

moycon

Quadrunner

• 22,124 posts
  • moycon?? What the hell is that??

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:00 AM

Looks really interesting. I loved laser disk games back in the day, and was fascinated by them. I really thought they were the wave of the future! Shows what I know. LOL

#3 Shaggy the Atarian OFFLINE  

Shaggy the Atarian

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,301 posts

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:38 PM

Looks really interesting. I loved laser disk games back in the day, and was fascinated by them. I really thought they were the wave of the future! Shows what I know. LOL

In a way they were, they just needed the right kind of games behind them. I recently got my hands on The Spectre Files: Deathstalker which was originally developed for LD, but was canned like all of the Atari projects. While it isn't the perfect arcade game (as you can play for a half hour on one credit when you figure out some of the good clues), it's a lot of fun. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arcade, prototype, dance, DDR, dance machine, discovery, Atari, laserdisc

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users