We Love Atari (Volume One)

15 replies to this topic

#1 Zafinn Books ONLINE  

Zafinn Books

Space Invader

• 16 posts

Posted Mon Mar 4, 2019 12:49 PM

Hello everybody,

It has been a long time since I posted here, so long in fact I couldn't find my old login details (Username: AEX), but some kind admin has validated my new account and I have some news to tell you.

Oldtimers might remember my website "Atari Explorer" (and before that "The Atari Time Machine), when I was young and free I enjoyed keeping the Atari site updated in my spare time but I had this thing called "a family", and that has kept me for want of a better word... busy :-)  I had mentioned before all this family stuff happened, I was working on a book, well I finally finished it...

Just some background before you all nod off to sleep, I decided that Curt and Marty had pretty much covered all there was to cover (and then some) with their great book and since then we've been treated to some awesome retro books that have hit the market.  No point going over old ground, so I thought I'd design something a little different, something I wanted, a book cramed with as much "Atari Stuff" as possible.  Sprinkle a little historical reference and some basic Atari facts throughout, and add as many great images as possible, hey presto!  The result: We Love Atari (Volumes One and Two).

You can find all the details and keep up to date with the latest news at my website: www.zafinnbooks.com

I've still got a few things to do in the background before I can take orders, but it won't be long.  The first (small) print run is complete and I have the books here, I didn't bother with KickStarter!  As long as I can cover my costs (printing, packaging etc) and get the book safely to you (International Registered Mail Only), I'll be able to get Volume Two printed as soon as possible.  Volume Two is ready to roll, I will put a few sneak peaks of that up soon.  I will also get a second print run of Volume One organised for anybody who misses the first run.

You are all wondering how much is it: Price TBC.  It will include P&P with Tracking and I'll ensure your book is well packaged.  Keep an eye on the website.

No more waffle, thanks for hearing me out, and I hope those of you who do get this book enjoy it.  Those who don't want the book, please enjoy the new updated Atari Explorer website which I will re-launch later this year.

best regards,

Karl

P.S. Hello to all the AA members who remember me ;-)

#2 Curt Vendel OFFLINE  

Curt Vendel

River Patroller

• 4,868 posts

Posted Tue Mar 5, 2019 9:36 PM

AHS Co-founder Karl comes back out of his hiding spot just in time for a St Patricks miracle.    Wow, Atarimuseum.com is in the middle of a grounds up rebuild (the 400/800 section is where its all starting from right now, plus the new home page graphic) and now Atari Explorer is coming back --- We're getting the band back together! ;-)

#3 TrekMD OFFLINE  

TrekMD

River Patroller

• 3,942 posts

Posted Wed Mar 6, 2019 5:51 PM

Cool. Going to your web page now!

#4 Zafinn Books ONLINE  

Zafinn Books

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted Fri Mar 8, 2019 7:18 AM

Hello,

Thanks for all the e-mails - your support makes the effort all the more worthwhile.  

@Curt Vendel - Great to be back!  Can't wait to re-launch the website, and its great to see the mighty Atari Museum get a face-lift.  Happy 40th Birthday Atari 400/800 :-)

@TrekMD - Thank you, your very welcome to visit :-)

Book Update: Should be able to take orders from the 18th March, keep checking the website for updates.  Pricing, shipping etc will all be revealed next week.  Special gift with all First Editions sold.

all the best,

Karl

#5 sramirez2008 ONLINE  

sramirez2008

River Patroller

• 2,820 posts
  • Stella Foreva

Posted Fri Mar 8, 2019 11:59 AM

Thanks for the update. Can’t wait to place my order! :)

#6 sramirez2008 ONLINE  

sramirez2008

River Patroller

• 2,820 posts
  • Stella Foreva

Posted Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:11 PM

Book is available.  Purchased a copy earlier this morning. :)

#7 Zafinn Books ONLINE  

Zafinn Books

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:56 PM

Book is available.  Purchased a copy earlier this morning. :)

@sramirez2008,

Thank you for your order and support.

Karl

#8 TrekMD OFFLINE  

TrekMD

River Patroller

• 3,942 posts

Posted Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:18 PM

Ordered!  Looking forward to this!

#9 atarilovesyou OFFLINE  

atarilovesyou

River Patroller

• 2,580 posts

Posted Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:05 PM

Looks like a great book! To save some shipping, is there any chance we can order Vol 1 but wait until Vol 2 is ready to ship with it?

#10 Zafinn Books ONLINE  

Zafinn Books

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:47 AM

Looks like a great book! To save some shipping, is there any chance we can order Vol 1 but wait until Vol 2 is ready to ship with it?

@atarilovesyou - Interesting idea, but I'd hate to take orders (your hard earned cash) based on something out of my control.  I'd like to say Volume 2 won't be long, be that depends how quickly I can sell the first (limited) print run.  Don't get me wrong, I think its a great idea in theory, but I don't want to let people down.  With respect to shipping, it's the main reason I split the book into two volumes, because I needed to keep the weight down. 

I decided to absorb the PayPal processing fees and half the packaging costs to lessen the effect of shipping, but I'd rather ship with insurance and tracking to ensure your book(s) get to you safely.

It's a bummer, but sadly shipping costs are out of my control :-(

Karl

#11 Zafinn Books ONLINE  

Zafinn Books

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 PM

Hello!

Just a quick update, I know people get anxious after purchasing something online!  The first orders from Thursday (14th March) have been processed and I've just got the first orders ready to ship ;-)

See the image for actual proof :-D

Of course, I just wanted to share the moment, and thank all of the users here at AtariAge for their support so far.  Spread the word!  I can't wait to share Volume Two!

Thanks,

Karl

Attached Thumbnails

• boxes.jpg

#12 Zafinn Books ONLINE  

Zafinn Books

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:27 AM

Hi there,

Order #'s up to 10017 have all shipped, along with your free poster and sticker.  Thank you guys again for the support and let me know what you think of the book, as I want to ensure Volume Two is even better than the first.

Spread the word if you can, I'd appreciate it,

Karl

#13 sramirez2008 ONLINE  

sramirez2008

River Patroller

• 2,820 posts
  • Stella Foreva

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:12 AM

Hello!

Just a quick update, I know people get anxious after purchasing something online!  The first orders from Thursday (14th March) have been processed and I've just got the first orders ready to ship ;-)

See the image for actual proof :-D

Of course, I just wanted to share the moment, and thank all of the users here at AtariAge for their support so far.  Spread the word!  I can't wait to share Volume Two!

Thanks,

Karl

I think I see mine. ;)  Thanks for the update.

#14 5200Fanatic OFFLINE  

5200Fanatic

Chopper Commander

• 167 posts

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:52 PM

I'm in - I enjoy supporting these type of projects. 

#15 Zafinn Books ONLINE  

Zafinn Books

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:14 PM

I'm in - I enjoy supporting these type of projects. 

@5200Fanatic - Thank you :)

#16 Zafinn Books ONLINE  

Zafinn Books

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted Today, 10:31 AM

Hi there,

Order #'s from 10018 - 10021 have all shipped, along with your free poster and sticker.  E-Mail confirmations with tracking numbers have been sent. 

Thank you guys again for the support and let me know what you think of the book, as I want to ensure Volume Two is even better than the first.

Spread the word if you can, I'd appreciate it,

Karl

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users