RetroHQ Lynx SD Menu Loader version 2

32 replies to this topic

#26 necrocia OFFLINE  

necrocia

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 527 posts

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:58 PM

Are you stuck on the screen that shows all of the controls or the screen that says "Loading ROM list..."?

You can put your ROMs wherever you like.

Please share the directory listing for your SD card, that may help in working out what's wrong.

#27 Greg2600 OFFLINE  

Greg2600

River Patroller

• 3,139 posts

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:33 PM

No, I was stuck on this screen after PLEASE WAIT, that says retrohq.co.uk.  So I only left like two roms in a folder ROMS, and I got into that folder finally.  Then I tried to load Centipede and it's stuck on the LOADING ROM.... screen.

SD card has:

_preview

menu

ROMS

menu.bin

menu2stg.bin

README.md

#28 necrocia OFFLINE  

necrocia

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 527 posts

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:40 PM

Hmm I wonder if you have the very first version of the new menu, can you download the latest from the link in the first post on this thread, install that and try again. If it doesn't work send me a message and we'll see what we can work out. I know some models of the Lynx had issues with some power management that the new loader does.

#29 Greg2600 OFFLINE  

Greg2600

River Patroller

• 3,139 posts

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:48 PM

I'm using the 1.0.2 version.  My Lynx II has the McWill screen, if that matters.  In general this menu is running at a snail's pace I guess on this system of mine.

Edited by Greg2600, Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:53 PM.

#30 GadgetUK ONLINE  

GadgetUK

Stargunner

• 1,947 posts

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:48 AM

No, I was stuck on this screen after PLEASE WAIT, that says retrohq.co.uk.  So I only left like two roms in a folder ROMS, and I got into that folder finally.  Then I tried to load Centipede and it's stuck on the LOADING ROM.... screen.

SD card has:

_preview

menu

ROMS

menu.bin

menu2stg.bin

README.md

Have you tried copying everything off the card to a PC, then reformat the card and copy everything back?  It's no that unusual to get problems like that with the Everdrives from time to time.

#31 Greg2600 OFFLINE  

Greg2600

River Patroller

• 3,139 posts

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:00 PM

I've tried everything, I just can't get it to consistently progress through the menu load, as well as load games. 

#32 thefred OFFLINE  

thefred

Space Invader

• 46 posts

Posted Sun May 5, 2019 11:03 AM

If you want games that can save on the SD cart then the game needs to be coded that way. You also need to provide a correctly sized save file on the cart. The Lynx can not create files, re-size files or re-name them.

I was planning to  make a separate directory for saves.

/saves/flappy.sav
/saves/awreiko.sav

/saves/shaken.sav

All the sav-files are 128 byte long at startup and the content is full of 0xff as a real eeprom.

Patching old games may be difficult. But at least this opens up a new option for making new games. You could easily code a game to use eeprom or SD if they are available.

Have you had a chance to update the roms to save on the SD yet?

#33 karri OFFLINE  

karri

River Patroller

• 2,679 posts

Posted Sun May 5, 2019 12:15 PM

No. I have recently spent time on some new entries.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users