Photo

Solid top screen and bottom

3 replies to this topic

#1 billyj1285 OFFLINE  

billyj1285

Combat Commando

• 5 posts

Posted Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:14 PM

Goid afternoon. I just needed a little help. I am still learning and have just ran in to a small problem. I have researched and cannot find help. I have a simple game and I just want to make the very top and the very bottom right above the score solid so my sprite stays on the screen. Can anyone help? Thank you all.

Bj

#2 billyj1285 OFFLINE  

billyj1285

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:16 PM

I just want the very top of the screen and the very bottom of the screen right above the score solid.

#3 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 28,956 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:18 PM

Goid afternoon. I just needed a little help. I am still learning and have just ran in to a small problem. I have researched and cannot find help. I have a simple game and I just want to make the very top and the very bottom right above the score solid so my sprite stays on the screen. Can anyone help? Thank you all.

Bj

Try this program, hit reset for the alternate playfield and move the sprite around:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#ex_sprite_collision_prevention

Is that what you are talking about?

You can have a sprite bang up against playfield pixels or you can tell the program to stop the sprite if it goes too far down or too far up like in this program:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#find_border_coordinates

#4 Trip2018 OFFLINE  

Trip2018

Star Raider

• 92 posts
  • Fuzzy boi

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:19 AM

Do you mean like invisible walls?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users