IGNORED

A new loading screen for the old Bruce Lee game...

Because of the recent talkings about the new Bruce Lee game for C64 I decided to redone ours old loading screen.

The first change you may notice is that the name letters is from the C64 new game one but some more...

It's the same GR.15 Bitmap mode screen in just 4colours and no DLIs:

post-6517-0-26519500-1552409328.png

Then I added the PMGs like I usually do for the games I work with again with no DLIs:

post-6517-0-00276300-1552409425.png

This way it can be used while loading and here's the result:

post-6517-0-60790700-1552409450.png

If no one is interested but just for me :grin:, can I ask a coder to kindly change the old one with this on the game's disk file?

:thumbsup:

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 17

Very nice Jose, have you seen the pics used on the Bruce Lee Trilogy (C64) just released...Really nice as well...

No. Where are them?

Find it:

https://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70868&sid=92975ccb916920981897879e56f92f06

https://csdb.dk/release/index.php?id=175845

Edited by José Pereira

Tezz also... And what about you? ;) :grin:

Sure, no problem :)

I was thinking just draw the rest of his shoulder with dither after moving datasoft under the lattice...

I agree, also the Datasoft logo is more prominent in the dark blue colour.

José

the image suffers by some visual controversy.

The original picture had this "sketchy" (not in a bad way" style, using 4 colors.

Now the new colors have somehow the wrong brightness.

To do a workaround, you could use the "new" colors without changing the brightness level, or make the picture even more sketchy by making the skin color brighter, the letters also.

Edited by emkay

More or less is like this:

-> Only PFs:

post-6517-0-44967700-1552584794.png

-> Only PMGs:

post-6517-0-42047900-1552584818.png

And the result is:

post-6517-0-75981100-1552584853.png

I think that looks good and please notice that I'm using the real and the only, the original DataSoft logo (that if you see on most of the packages and on WikiPedia is in black not in blue ;)...).

:)

P.s.- Those squares all together seems almost like the U.S.A. map thought the dither squares are only 40 :grin:...

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 6

the lattice requires the oriental stylized tile lines back. the edges could be somewhere between what it was and how it is filled in now... the curved black lines making the edges and some slightly empty spots on the edges.

this is amazing how it's shaping up

The C64 hasn't the colors to show all needed parts with the right color.

Poor Brucie doesn't suffer by body acne, it's just some transition pixels on the borders, btw.

This one could show a way to go:

attachicon.gifBruLeti.jpg

Once again and back to disagree with Emkay ;)...

Yes that C64 hasn't the A8 palette but all those colours are too too much colour. The picture must be those blues and white/lightest gray than colour what you have to colour that is game's name and his face. Nothing more is needed and the right side chinese letters are better in the white/lightest gray.

The large seen part is the hair and he had a black hair so this is fine like is also the true original like in black Datasoft logo than you have distinct on sides other colours for lines with the credits on the left and chinese letters on the right.

The title and the names blue and white/dark gray transition makes them distinct.

Because of this two it doesn't make sense like was on original that the 3 contours lines be 3colours and have one as black. It looks much better they be two in blue and the middle one in white/light gray.

But I'm making an update that'll I'll post soon...

P.s.- @Emkay that isn't acne, Bruce was from a time that men only shaved their faces :grin:.

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 2

Once again and back to disagree with Emkay ;)...

OK. So I'm using other words: The guy in your picture doesn't look like Bruce Lee, except for the stereotype of people viewing at Asians. It looks more like some Bruce Lee imitator on Drugs.

And, usually it's normal for south eastern Asians that they don't need to shave their body ;)

Edited by emkay

OK. So I'm using other words: The guy in your picture doesn't look like Bruce Lee, except for the stereotype of people viewing at Asians. It looks more like some Bruce Lee imitator on Drugs.

And, usually it's normal for south eastern Asians that they don't need to shave their body ;)

Humm...

https://www.quora.com/How-did-Bruce-Lee-die

Controversy surrounding Lee's death

Around the time of Lee's death, numerous rumors appeared in the media.

Lee's iconic status and untimely demise fed many wild rumors and theories. These included murder involving the Triadsand a supposed curse on him and his family.

Donald Teare, a forensic scientist recommended by Scotland Yard who had overseen over 1,000 autopsies, was assigned to the Lee case. His conclusion was "death by misadventure" caused by an acute cerebral edema due to a reaction to compounds present in the combination medication Equagesic.

While there was initial speculation that cannabis found in Lee's stomach may have contributed to his death, Teare refuted this, stating that it would "be both 'irresponsible and irrational' to say that [cannabis] might have triggered either the events of Bruce's collapse on May 10 or his death on July 20".

Dr. R. R. Lycette, the clinical pathologist at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, reported at the coroner hearing that the death could not have been caused by cannabis.

At the 1975 San Diego Comic-Con convention, Bruce Lee's friend Chuck Norrisattributed his death to a reaction between the muscle-relaxant medication he had been taking since 1968 for a ruptured disc in his back, and an "antibiotic" he was given for his headache on the night of his death.

In a 2017 episode of the Reelz TV series Autopsy, forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Hunter theorized that Lee died of adrenal crisis brought on by the overuse of cortisone, which Lee had been taking since injuring his back in a 1970 weight lifting mishap.