I am interested in pixel art and I am investigating different tools to produce it.
Unfortunately I do not own a tablet.
I discovered Atari programs using a tablet can be operated with a mouse in Altirra*.
I have, however, a problem. I was testing with the Atari Artist ROM archived at atarimania (http://www.atarimani...ist_s13326.html)
When capturing the mouse for Tablet emulation, it displays the high-res cursor displaced down and left from the XY position of the stylus.
How do I fix this?
*I followed the following procedure:
1. Input > Input Mappings...
2. Click Add... call it "Mouse -> Atari Tablet" or similar
3. Highlight your new mapping, Click Edit...
4. Add Controller... , choose Tablet (Atari touch tablet), OK
5. Axis 1 -> Edit... , Source : Mouse Pos X (pad)
6. Axis 2 -> Edit... , Source : Mouse Pos Y (pad)
7. The Stylus button was a button on the pen. It draws when the stylus is DOWN, and toggles the tool screen when stylus is UP.
I mapped the buttons on the pen & tablet as follows:
Stylus button -> Mouse LMB
Left tablet button -> Mouse X1B
Right tablet button -> Mouse X2B
Raise stylus -> Mouse RMB
Press MMB to un-capture mouse from the emulation window.