Photo

RespeQt on a small, low priced netbook?

8 replies to this topic

#1 6BQ5 OFFLINE  

6BQ5

Chopper Commander

• 226 posts

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:19 AM

My Windows 10 and 130XE computers arent very close together. It would be a major undertaking to rearrange my computer lab. I was thinking it may be easier to get a small (used?) netbook computer dedicated to running RespeQt. It wouldnt need a lot of RAM or storage space.

Any thoughts? Bad idea? Good idea?

#2 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• 3,974 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:35 AM

My Windows 10 and 130XE computers arent very close together. It would be a major undertaking to rearrange my computer lab. I was thinking it may be easier to get a small (used?) netbook computer dedicated to running RespeQt. It wouldnt need a lot of RAM or storage space.

Any thoughts? Bad idea? Good idea?

I run RespeQt on Raspberry Pi boards so any “real” laptop will be fine.

#3 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

Flux Capacitor Master Craftsman

• 6,768 posts

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 AM

I use 10 year old small laptops for the task don't think there should be an issue

#4 RodLightning OFFLINE  

RodLightning

Dragonstomper

• 757 posts

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:41 AM

I have used an old Asus eeePC 904ha netbook; 2gb ram, running 32 bit XP Home Edition and respeqt.  It runs with no issues.

You won't need a lot of horsepower to run it and a netbook fits just fine on top of a 1050 floppy drive.  :thumbsup:

#5 Nezgar OFFLINE  

Nezgar

Stargunner

• 1,854 posts

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:45 AM

I have used an old Asus eeePC 904ha netbook; 2gb ram, running 32 bit XP Home Edition and respeqt.  It runs with no issues.
You won't need a lot of horsepower to run it and a netbook fits just fine on top of a 1050 floppy drive.  :thumbsup:

I tried Windows 10 32-bit on a 1GB Lenovo netbook, Serving RespeQt. The system was overall sluggish, but it worked just fine.

#6 Larry OFFLINE  

Larry

River Patroller

• 4,104 posts

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:29 AM

I also have used an ASUS eeePC with Win7 to run APE.  I've yet to find a Windows combo that APE didn't like.  I also like RespeQt, but have much less experience with it. I especially like the support for Happy and Archivers!

#7 Mariano DM OFFLINE  

Mariano DM

Space Invader

• 10 posts

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:29 PM

Running RespeQT in a Raspberry PI 2 with Lotharek Sio2PC.

It mostly works, sometimes I got write timeouts when running other apps, like opening a browser.

----

In the meanwhile 850 emulation is ready, would it be possible to make it ignore R: requests? so it can be ran at the same time as tcpser?

Regards and thanks.

#8 Kyle22 OFFLINE  

Kyle22

River Patroller

• 4,033 posts
  • Call my BBS! telnet://broadway1.lorexddns.net

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:59 PM

I tried Windows 10 32-bit on a 1GB Lenovo netbook, Serving RespeQt. The system was overall sluggish, but it worked just fine.

I think XP32 would run faster for you than W10.

#9 Nezgar OFFLINE  

Nezgar

Stargunner

• 1,854 posts

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:15 PM

I think XP32 would run faster for you than W10.

I agree, as that's what it came with originally. It illustrates that a machine underpowered for W10 will still actually run RespeQt.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users