IGNORED

Scored a Jaguar rental case

jeremiahjt

I finally acquired a Jaguar rental case (one of the embossed ones), but it is not complete. I know MyAtari used to have the hologram stickers and probably still do so I am not worried about that. I am also missing the two page instructions which I imagine are just about impossible to find.

According to this YouTube video

there is also a loose piece of foam. I assume this foam is there to take up the space if there is no Jaguar CD, but I am not sure if it was something Atari put in there or the rental store. Anybody know for sure?
  • Like 5

Those cases are pretty cool. Rental cases for lots of systems are hot right now and getting super pricey. Since I really don't plan to take mine traveling anywhere I wouldn't need one buy it's nice to see these cool items. The Virtual Boy one is a hot item right now and fetching good money as well.

I literally had no idea these existed. Were they USA only? I don't think they made it to Europe.

I purchase mine from Telegames UK probably around 18 years ago alone with my Jag and CD unit so at least one made it to Europe although I have no idea if they had it in as general stock or actually rented out Jaguars as any time. If they did rent out Jaguars I don't think my case was used, IIRC it looked new and unused to me and I think it was even shrink wrapped.

I purchase mine from Telegames UK probably around 18 years ago alone with my Jag and CD unit so at least one made it to Europe although I have no idea if they had it in as general stock or actually rented out Jaguars as any time. If they did rent out Jaguars I don't think my case was used, IIRC it looked new and unused to me and I think it was even shrink wrapped.

I can at least confirm two in Europe, there is one in Iceland i know of.

These cases i find really cool, even though it would sit empty in the shelf for me most of the time