IGNORED

Sears Video Arcade 2/2800 Compatability

KevKelley

I have looked all around and have read that the SVA2 has complete comparability with the 2600, with the only exception I had seen with some random units having a tight fit with some larger cartridge styles. I was wondering if it has some of the same issues playing some games (like Tigervision) games that the 7800 has.

I like the appearance of the SVA2 with the buttons up top, lights, 4 ports, etc.

I was also curious as to te electronics, like how I have read the 2600 Jr had some weird variations in functionality.

Funny you should post this now. I just literally got an SVA2 for free the other day. Free because it wasn't working. After tinkering around with it all day yesterday, I have it working for player 1 confirmed at this point. But more to your question. I was able to test supercharger, Imagic, and some later 2600 games without any issues on the SVA2. Near as I can tell, the SVA2 is literally a 4 port 2600 with the components arranged differently on the board. But if you look around close enough, you start to see the same circuit sections and components together as they are on the 2600s. These appear to be have been made or at least designed in '81, well before the Jr model was released so I would say they are or should be every bit as compatible as a 4 switcher is (100% far as I know).

• Like 2

Yeah, I've used a SVA2 for years as my primary Atari 2600. No issues on my end. Love the combo controller/paddle for anything that doesn't need button mashing too.

There hasn't been any incompatibility issues that I have noticed. Everything that works on the heavy sixer works on the SVA2

Someone mentioned on FB about the Tigervision carts. I didn't test any of those but I could see where they might not work because unlike the H6 and 4 switch units, the cartridge connector is mounted at the same height as the 7800 one. So My guess is that tigervision carts with the static posts on them to open the dust doors on the cart slot aren't likely to fit in all the way.