IGNORED

Alternative to CorComp TripleTech

I'm just getting back into TI after giving up my dream TI system years ago. I'm going the newer route for now vs PE-Box like I had before...though I kind of miss that nostalgically. I have the following on the way:

- Console (black and silver, non-QI)

- FinalGROM99

- JediMatt's 32K sidecar and printed case w/ TIPI port (no TIPI yet but I will likely go that route...

- Once F18A MK2 is available, I want that bad...had 9958 setup on my last TI and going back to 40 col will be tough. Plus..because Mario on TI-99/4A...right?!

Anyhow...to the topic at hand... One card I got at a TI Faire was the CorComp TripleTech, which at the time w/ a PE-Box setup I loved for 2 of the 3 features:

- moved my speech synth out of the sidecar so that only the boot was there

- printer buffer - I got thru 4 years of my undergrad on my TI and an ancient dot matrix printer...that buffer was AWESOME! No more blocking on printing long papers to a slow printer...I could get on with my TI life while the papers printed away

- clock cal...it was more cute than valuable, but hey...at least I could say my TI had a clock

What about now?

- I'm less likely to use the printer buffer...chances are I'm printing docs from my Mac, though maybe TIPI will open up possibilities there whenever I add that to sidecar?

- clock cal...might be nice

- having 32K sidecar and TIPI only would be nice in terms of profile/form factor

So...do any non-PE-Box options exist for speech synthesizer move out like I did with my old CC TT card? Options that work with the kind of setup I'm doing? Or some smaller profile FPGA emulating speech synth (maybe with larger built-in vocabulary) that could be added to the 32K sidecar board? (not sure if there's room or not). Anyhow...for a "modern, lean" TI system like I'm setting up...what options exist here?

I'm just getting back into TI after giving up my dream TI system years ago. I'm going the newer route for now vs PE-Box like I had before...though I kind of miss that nostalgically. I have the following on the way:

- Console (black and silver, non-QI)

- FinalGROM99

- JediMatt's 32K sidecar and printed case w/ TIPI port (no TIPI yet but I will likely go that route...

- Once F18A MK2 is available, I want that bad...had 9958 setup on my last TI and going back to 40 col will be tough. Plus..because Mario on TI-99/4A...right?!

Anyhow...to the topic at hand... One card I got at a TI Faire was the CorComp TripleTech, which at the time w/ a PE-Box setup I loved for 2 of the 3 features:

- moved my speech synth out of the sidecar so that only the boot was there

- printer buffer - I got thru 4 years of my undergrad on my TI and an ancient dot matrix printer...that buffer was AWESOME! No more blocking on printing long papers to a slow printer...I could get on with my TI life while the papers printed away

- clock cal...it was more cute than valuable, but hey...at least I could say my TI had a clock

What about now?

- I'm less likely to use the printer buffer...chances are I'm printing docs from my Mac, though maybe TIPI will open up possibilities there whenever I add that to sidecar?

- having 32K sidecar and TIPI only would be nice in terms of profile/form factor

So...do any non-PE-Box options exist for speech synthesizer move out like I did with my old CC TT card? Options that work with the kind of setup I'm doing? Or some smaller profile FPGA emulating speech synth (maybe with larger built-in vocabulary) that could be added to the 32K sidecar board? (not sure if there's room or not). Anyhow...for a "modern, lean" TI system like I'm setting up...what options exist here?

tipi has clock.. speech is a sidecar already.. no fpga ones (yet) when the originals are so prevalent..why bother console, speech, 32k, tipi.. pretty small footprint.

Greg

What about now?

I actually use my Triple Tech clock every day with the "RemindMe!" program. A few years ago a user named Gazoo wrote an E/A 5 program that easily changes and sets the time on it, that program is available << HERE >>. This version was converted by JediMatt42 for the FR/FG99.

As far as I know no one has "re-done" the "RemindMe!" program to work with the TIPI, or BOOT or the 9640 Menu System or...

When it comes to the Speech, most people use the sidecar version as they are readily available and fairly cheap and easy to come by, in a "modern lean" configuration similar to the photos below.

There has been minimal to no interest from people in obtaining an RTC for their system(s), if you want a CorComp RTC in a sidecar version, be prepared to wait a real long time and spend through the nose when one shows up.

post-35324-0-63602100-1553122426_thumb.jpg

post-35324-0-36691700-1553122434_thumb.jpg

Is that a printed case for the TIPI I see? Oh, man! I may have to get my TIPI and a case sooner - where are the latest/greatest versions of TIPI and that case available? Think I saw TIPI on arcadeshopper...can't recall re: case beyond the one I ordered for 32K sidecar.

Also...it it correct that with TIPI attached, the 32K sidecar needs to be run with external power supply, whether or not Pin 1 is bridged to carry power thru on speech synth?

Is that a printed case for the TIPI I see? Oh, man! I may have to get my TIPI and a case sooner - where are the latest/greatest versions of TIPI and that case available? Think I saw TIPI on arcadeshopper...can't recall re: case beyond the one I ordered for 32K sidecar.

Also...it it correct that with TIPI attached, the 32K sidecar needs to be run with external power supply, whether or not Pin 1 is bridged to carry power thru on speech synth?

Yes, ArcadeShopper sells the TiPi's. You can get these cases from Corei64 HERE

• Like 1

... you might find << THIS LINK >> ... interesting... ;)

Yes, you WILL need to use external power for the 32K board while using the TIPI... as well as a second power supply for the RPi.

• Like 1