2 replies to this topic

#1 lamasutra OFFLINE  

lamasutra

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:49 PM

Hi,
I have somehow managed to brick this.
I have prepared SD card for update. Downloaded official firmware by registering serial number. I have prepared 4GB FAT32 partision on 32GB microsd with gparted on my ubuntu platform.
I have inserted flash card, booted, selected update by left triggering an option. Suddenly screen went off, restarted and system never came back. Maybe I was too eager to wait or something went off.

I have opened the box scrapping the warranty, but all I found is just flashback gold (ar3560) pcb without bluetooth circuit. The microusb has stripped data links, so no connections to SoC by USB. I have not found any uart RX/TX traces for debugging purpouses.
I'm curious, how are these bare pcbs are flashed or checked by manufacturer.
I don't want to trash that pcb. There must be a way how to make some checks and restore it using update image. 

Maybe connecting those usb data traces will connect it to my pc and the "reset" button will prepare it for rkflashtool, but it's maybe. So far I'm playing myself "you are such an idiot"
Any advises ?

#2 rmr_md OFFLINE  

rmr_md

Star Raider

• 92 posts

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:11 PM

I don't have any Atari Flashback, but I assume the board is similar to the Genesis Flashback HD 2018, so you can take a look at the screenshot in this thread from another forum.

If anyone has a backup from this device it would be easy to reflash/recover with Android Tool.

#3 lamasutra OFFLINE  

lamasutra

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:16 AM

Hi, I have managed to connect usb traces and now I'm able to flash, but lack working dumps. 
Weird thing is, I don't need to press recovery button to be able to flash. Is it stuck in some mode (idVendor=2207, idProduct=301a)?
Can someone make full dump with rkflashtool ?
Thank you for help.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users