IGNORED

Dungeons and Doomknights for NES

I thought this was a clever April Fool's joke, but apparently it's real! AdventureQuest is a web-based RPG that is beloved by a people younger than me. I've tried to get into their 3D MMORPG which seems to be an update of many of the same characters and situations. Now they're going back to an 8-bit aesthetic, complete with a plan to make an NES cartridge.

We launched this on April 1st, "April Fools Day," but this is no joke!

We are running this Kickstarter campaign in order to raise funds for cartridge, box and manual production. Our friendly (and a little crazy) video game studio, Artix Entertainment, has been creating games and fun experiences through our weekly game updates for over 16 years. Backing this Kickstarter will also unlock exclusive in-game items for you in two of our online games: AdventureQuest 3D & AdventureQuest Worlds. You can learn more about our studio at www.Artix.com

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/artix/dungeons-and-doomknights-an-8-bit-adventurequest-f?ref=Artix&utm_source=AQ3D+Subscribed+Users&utm_campaign=d331b6d2cd-NES+Kickstarter+AQ3D&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6b599fcaff-d331b6d2cd-14835089&mc_cid=d331b6d2cd&mc_eid=4b1416d545

Looks kinda good, even though I'm a recovering crowdfunder and want to stay sober.

f77de757ad7ff420ca9a9229a21c5ad0_origina

07c88c3271844fdccf830f3faf200453_origina

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 years later...

The $100 package from the Kickstarter is still available from their website. The box art is different and gold cart is shiny and cool looking. I wonder if my Zelda carts were this shiny when they were new. The cloth map is really cool and the material almost feels like faux shoe leather. Pretendo magazine gave me a few laughs and memories of getting my Nintendo Powers in the mail every other month, so that was a surprise walk down memory lane 😁. The COA that's signed is from the Kickstarter so this all must be unsold stock from that tier of the campaign. 

IMG_20230911_154851287.jpg

IMG_20230912_073404918.jpg

IMG_20230912_082317633.jpg

IMG_20230912_082537852.jpg

@neogeo1982 Has anyone ever done an extensive honest review of this release? (or could you?)

For $100 that's a bite, but I don't like paying just for ROMs.  This looks like it could be potentially worth a good bit of fun over a stretch of enough hours to maybe justify picking it up, at least visually it looks the part.  I do NOT back KS junk they just largely seem like panhandling scams to me, and enough do fail or take peoples money (the others like it who don't refund like indiegogo, etc) I just watch, try and remember, and see where it goes.  The fact this isn't some kids in a basement project level of work, but a nearly 20 year old company it appears who have some smarts and skill behind them put it at a level where I'm willing to see how it is.

• Like 1