IGNORED

Intellivoice Question

Surveyor

HI!

New to the forums, so apologies in advance for the noob question.

I recently picked up an Intellivoice module (boxed and cheap) and am struggling to get anything close to reasonable play out of it. My brown original console works, controllers are fine, etc. I can play game cartridges with no problems, etc. However, inserting the Intellivoice and then inserting a cartridge results in the black screen 9 times out of 10. After fiddling with it, re-inserting it, cleaning the cartridge slot, etc. I can get it to work for a session, then am back to square one the next day. I've noticed that there is not a "tight" fit between the console and the intellivoice module. I've also noticed quite a bit of "play" in the connection between the two. Is this normal? Do I just have a "loose" module? Is there an optimal connection point or angle between the two? Even just pulling out a cartridge and putting in another one is enough to break this connection and send me back to square one.

Haven't tried taking the module apart yet for a really deep cleaning, but am willing to go that route for a reliable connection. Thanks in advance for any advice!