Computer Shopper magazine

27 replies to this topic

#26 Atari_Ace OFFLINE  

Atari_Ace

Chopper Commander

• 125 posts
  • https://ksquiggle.neocities.org/

Posted Sun May 12, 2019 10:55 AM

Still haven't had a chance to try the Program Perfect but I will. Just wanted to add here that I got two more issues of Computer Shopper. Dec. 87 and March 1988. It looks like in between these two issues Atari 8-bit coverage was dropped. I will scan the December 1987 issue at some point.

Allan

In ZMagazine's Z*Net, vol. 1, No. 9 (included in the November 1989 JACG Newsletter, and other user group newsletters), the following Newswire item appeared:

Computer Shopper Magazine will end its long support for the 8-bit Atari and other older computer lines with its December 1989 issue. New editor Bob Lindstrom is an Atari ST owner himself, and appreciates the power of the small computer as well, but has had no advertisers that seem to be concerned over the older units. The dropping of the "classic computers" is part of a refocusing of Computer Shopper, a 700 page monthly magazine that still will carry ST material, often with 5 or more articles per month. IBM and MAC will be the main direction now, with some additional Atari ST, Amiga, and Apple II coverage. These last three are in danger of also being dropped if sales and interest remain sluggish. The point seems to be, if it doesn't sell ads, they don't need the circulation that the small computers might satisfy.

So perhaps coverage continued on and off throughout 1988 and 1989.

I've extended to April 1986 the Applying the Atari columns from Computer Shopper at http://ksquiggle.neo...columns/ata.htm.

#27 Allan OFFLINE  

Allan

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 6,381 posts

Posted Mon May 20, 2019 5:30 PM

I spent some time today getting this working, Fully tested. So if anybody wants to enter some Computer Shopper programs, we now have Program Perfect to help with errors.

Allan

Attached Files

#28 Allan OFFLINE  

Allan

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 6,381 posts

Posted Mon May 20, 2019 5:49 PM

I started in on the December, 1985 issue. It has a bunch of short programs to get my feet wet.

Allan

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users