Photo

Tetris source code

3 replies to this topic

#1 webdeck OFFLINE  

webdeck

Space Invader

• 20 posts

Posted Wed Apr 3, 2019 11:01 PM

Here is my first contribution to this group, a blast from the past in the files I've been extracting from my TI/Geneve hard drive.  This is a version of Tetris that I wrote back in 1989.  I was able to run it on my newly resurrected Geneve (thanks, RickyDean!) and was able to run it in MAME as well.  If I remember correctly, I tried to match the timing of the levels to the version I played on the Mac back then, which means level 9 is super-fast.

This was written for MDOS version 0.97R back in the day - not sure if it would work on a "modern" version without changes.

Have fun!

-Mike

Attached File  tetris.dsk   360KB   24 downloads

#2 unhuman OFFLINE  

unhuman

Stargunner

• 1,227 posts

Posted Sat Apr 6, 2019 8:17 AM

Someone complained here that there was "no good version" of Tetris for the TI-99 some time ago, so I began writing one.  It was ready for compiled XB.  Just needed polish.

Here's my github repo: https://github.com/u.../master/howtris

#3 TheBF ONLINE  

TheBF

Dragonstomper

• 988 posts

Posted Sat Apr 6, 2019 8:35 AM

I never spent much time writing games so finding this little Teris tutorial is very informative to me.

Clever way to rotate the pieces.

https://www.youtube....h?v=8OK8_tHeCIA

#4 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• 901 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:59 AM

Here is my first contribution to this group, a blast from the past in the files I've been extracting from my TI/Geneve hard drive.  This is a version of Tetris that I wrote back in 1989.  I was able to run it on my newly resurrected Geneve (thanks, RickyDean!) and was able to run it in MAME as well.  If I remember correctly, I tried to match the timing of the levels to the version I played on the Mac back then, which means level 9 is super-fast.

This was written for MDOS version 0.97R back in the day - not sure if it would work on a "modern" version without changes.

Have fun!

-Mike

attachicon.giftetris.dsk

Mike,

Just had time to check out your copy of Tetris.  Good work on the program.  And yes, it does run under MDOS 6.50 when I checked it out.

Also, glad to hear you got your Geneve up and running.  What was the issue?

Beery

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users