Hi! I have an (unmodified) Atari 800XL, a SIO2USB and a Side2 Cartridge.
During my Internet-Browsing, I have discovered a "Wifi Modem" called Retro Wifi SI which seems pretty cool.
1) Does anyone have experience with connecting an Atari 800XL to Internet-Based BBSs?
2) Connecting via WIFI looks very tempting -- is the "Retro Wifi SI" any good, what else do I need / is recommended (a 850? a BlackBox?)
3) Is there some sort of SIO device with a built-in "Wifi Modem", which maybe even has a similar look like the Atari 800XL? Maybe some sort of 1030 hack/mod with a higher baud-rate, ready to buy from someone?
4) Could I also use SIO2USB for that until I have a "proper" WIFI solution? What kind of software would I use with the SIO2USB on the PC-side to provide connectivity to Internet-Based BBSs?
5) Any caveats I should consider?