IGNORED

"LiteRally" new Atari XL/XE racing game in the making

gorgh

hi Snicklin,

the game is ment to be loaded from cartridge, and it all depends on type of cart. If I'll have the one with single loading procedure then there's no way to load more stuff during the game, but I'm not sure which type of cart it will be eventually.

I am currently working on an Atarimax cartridge based development. It is great as it gives me 1MB to play with and so many options.

I still have issues with the memory though, I have packed a lot in.

• 1 month later...

@gorgh I have a question, I don't *think* it was mentioned by you. What is the reason you are calling this "LiteRally?" (understanding it's in quotes, so probably just a working title?) I'm hoping this won't be the final name as, IMHO, it doesn't really fit at all. But I'm still curious as to you choosing that even as a working title...it makes it sound like a Junior event/race as opposed to a full-blown event/race...?

Or...is the race supposed to be taking place on grass and the track is marked off by lights? In other words, a temporary track??

Edited by Gunstar

the lite version of something has less effort and less strength and lacks fervor... where as a rally is full of muster and is done with every effort and fervor.

It's an oxymoron and I find it an entertaining title.

lite rally ;) but maybe he wants more

Lite Rally Enduro, Enduro lite rally, or similar

who knows...

Gorph lite Rally

I think he likes the the way the game has arrived and wants a title with racing grit and teeth in the title...

Edited by _The Doctor__

1 hour ago, gorgh said:

hoserama99: lol

Gunstar: oh it's the final title alright. I saw this pun on pouet by LeGend and I loved it instantly.

Your game, your name. At least I know why the name was used now. Thanks!

nice one :)
Btw. to keep you folks updated, Piesiu joined the team so one can expect top notch graphics, also the game will be published by Retronics on cartridges, cassettes and possibly disks.
The game on cartrigde will require 64 kb RAM whereas file version will require 128 Kb RAM, there's just too much code and graphics to fit into stock machine.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

How has no one noticed that this is Lit-Er-Ally a racing game?

daduntsh.gif

LOL! I'm so oblivious...right after seeing the Rob Lowe picture too, which I literally read as that word alone, and the fact it is also "LiteRally" right in front of my face I didn't catch! I need a stiff drink and a Java chaser...too much stress in my life atm, I'm just glassing over everything else. Emotionally I'm in the exact state as that monkey's "reaction."...

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, shanti77 said:

@Poison How do you know ? I do not think there is a playable version yet.

No, but when you see video, game looks very smooth and playable, previous two games are very very slow and unplayable. LiteRally is new and modern game and looks very promising.

Edited by Poison

On 6/26/2019 at 2:50 AM, Gunstar said:

LOL! I'm so oblivious...right after seeing the Rob Lowe picture too, which I literally read as that word alone, and the fact it is also "LiteRally" right in front of my face I didn't catch! I need a stiff drink and a Java chaser...too much stress in my life atm, I'm just glassing over everything else. Emotionally I'm in the exact state as that monkey's "reaction."...

Here's to hoping that ? Ann Perkins! ? will be a playable character.

• Haha 3