IGNORED

Help with MAME analog controls

CaptainKoloth

Help! I'm on MAME .202 and I for the life of me cannot get it to recognize my mouse as an analog control. I have tried EVERYTHING. I have gone on different boards to read threads of people with similar problems, I've set the config files to use mouse and multimouse, I've moved the ini files to the proper directory... nothing. Specifically I'm trying to get it to recognize my mouse in Starblade and SegaSonic the Hedgehog, if that makes a difference. I am completely stumped and out of ideas after spending hours and hours on this. Attached are my ini files.

In case it makes any difference, I have successfully mapped my joystick and keyboard on this computer, and I have another computer where I can map the mouse with no problem, so I'm not lost in the MAME UI itself or anything like that. I cannot figure out what the issue is here, but this computer is much more powerful so I'd like to get MAME fully working on it.

mame.txt

Edited by CaptainKoloth

Does the input settings already have mouse for input analog control? Try removing mouse and adding it again. If you're trying to add it and it's not accepting your mouse then the mouse might not be turned on in mame. What's the operating system? Unless you have more than one mouse/trackball you can turn multimouse off.

Edited by mr_me