Photo

Help with MAME analog controls

3 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainKoloth OFFLINE  

CaptainKoloth

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:08 PM

Help! I'm on MAME .202 and I for the life of me cannot get it to recognize my mouse as an analog control. I have tried EVERYTHING. I have gone on different boards to read threads of people with similar problems, I've set the config files to use mouse and multimouse, I've moved the ini files to the proper directory... nothing. Specifically I'm trying to get it to recognize my mouse in Starblade and SegaSonic the Hedgehog, if that makes a difference. I am completely stumped and out of ideas after spending hours and hours on this. Attached are my ini files. 

In case it makes any difference, I have successfully mapped my joystick and keyboard on this computer, and I have another computer where I can map the mouse with no problem, so I'm not lost in the MAME UI itself or anything like that. I cannot figure out what the issue is here, but this computer is much more powerful so I'd like to get MAME fully working on it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  mame.txt   10.6KB   11 downloads

Edited by CaptainKoloth, Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:11 PM.

#2 mr_me ONLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 4,081 posts

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:42 PM

Probably have to map the inputs for each machine emulator. In mame start the game, press tab, then select input this machine. Check/update the inputs for the analog control as necessary.

#3 CaptainKoloth OFFLINE  

CaptainKoloth

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:17 AM

Tried that. Did not work.

#4 mr_me ONLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 4,081 posts

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:32 AM

Does the input settings already have mouse for input analog control? Try removing mouse and adding it again. If you're trying to add it and it's not accepting your mouse then the mouse might not be turned on in mame. What's the operating system? Unless you have more than one mouse/trackball you can turn multimouse off.

Edited by mr_me, Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:55 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users