TIPIAC Alarm Clock

TIPI Alarm Clock TI Schedualer ti basic Home Automation TIPI

6 replies to this topic

#1 HOME AUTOMATION OFFLINE  

HOME AUTOMATION

Moonsweeper

• 428 posts

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:12 PM

TIPIAC... Truly Important Personal Information Alarm Clock. It's alive!

*TI Basic version works on bare console(TIPI req.)

*Handles 48 reminders

*Tone and or spoken alerts(Speech req. TEII, SSSS)

*Use wildcards to create recurring events

*Existing program integration potential

coming soon(developers welcome(gratis))........hopefully...

Save/Restore/Autolaod CALENDAR list(s) from TIPI.

Attached File  Splash.JPG   16.44KB   1 downloads

Attached File  ENTRY1.JPG   31.6KB   0 downloads

Attached File  ENTRY2.JPG   44.46KB   0 downloads

Attached File  ALERTS.JPG   25.99KB   0 downloads

Attached File  REMOVAL.JPG   29.5KB   0 downloads

TI Basic instructions,

OLD DSK1.AC

RUN

Hold S to set ALARM time(s).

Just above the INPUT LINE, the CURRENT TIME and exact ENTRY FORMAT are displayed, all three aligned for ease of entry.

1. Enter ALARM time. Use * as "don't care" wildcards to allow alarm to repeat at intervals if desired.

2. Enter 0,1,2 or 3 to select silence, a tone alert, speech read or both tone alert and speech read respectively.

3. Enter an associated ALERT message.

4. Enter another ALARM time or type DONE to return to CLOCK mode(normal mode).

After an ALERT occurs it's associated ALARM time is automatically removed from the ALARM time(s) list unless it uses wildcard(s).

From CLOCK mode Hold R to view the ALARM list and make manual deletions(one per screen).

Please note:

DAY and MONTH matching are case sensitive!

Entering a lower case "done" results in being returned to the input prompt. This was done to remind "that both upper and lower case must be used for day and month". If an error is entered into the ALARM list, that entry will be ignored. Use R from CLOCK mode to delete if desired. Use upper case "DONE".

ALARM and alert MODE entries are unchecked for errors, so dial carefully!

Wild cards, which apply to entire fields, need only appear in the first character position of a field, and are ignored in all other positions.

The input system "hunts" for the first empty slot on the ALARM list

TIPIAC does not do Seconds.

Improveyment ideas wanted... :idea:

P.S.
         Have a nice day and DON'T FORGET. :o

Attached File  TIPIAC.dsk   180KB   4 downloads

Edited by HOME AUTOMATION, Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:14 PM.

#2 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 10,733 posts

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:13 PM

Sweet!!!!!!

#3 HOME AUTOMATION OFFLINE  

HOME AUTOMATION

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 428 posts

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:25 AM

Thanks. I am certain you as a programmer can understand... this became much more effort than was originally anticipated. :woozy:

On a related note... I just discovered the first "feature". It is now possible to create 2 more entries than can be edited using the R option! I meant to limit the list to 46 entries. Hey, that's like 2 extra entries completely free of charge! :grin:

#4 HOME AUTOMATION OFFLINE  

HOME AUTOMATION

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 428 posts

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:43 AM

ADDENDUM to TIPIAC instructions(just like T.I.):
In the above offering, in order to make clear screenshots I used a DEMO version of the program running on Classic99. Since no TIPI could be connected, I made some bypasses and entered a couple of strings manually.
I made a couple errors, as such please note...

The upper case "AT" in the "SAT" shown in the ALERT time on the bottom of the second pic. from the last, is wrong... that would never happen.

If an ALARM time were entered in this way... the ALERT would be missed!

...as such, I developed the "DONE\done" method to help the user remember to turn the ALPHA-LOCK key off, assuming most users leave it on.

However in my above explanation I transposed the words "upper" and "lower", see copy below...

"Entering a lower case "done" results in being returned to the input prompt. This was done to remind "that both upper and lower case must be used for day and month". If an error is entered into the ALARM list, that entry will be ignored. Use R from CLOCK mode to delete if desired. Use upper case "DONE"."

This is the corrected paragraph...

Entering a upper case "DONE" results in being returned to the input prompt. This was done to remind "that both upper and lower case must be used for day and month". If an error is entered into the ALARM list, that entry will be ignored. Use R from CLOCK mode to delete if desired. Use lower case "done".

In the bottom pic. the ALARM times shown would actually have been entered in reverse order for the above pics. to appear in the display order they do. (actually meaningless)...

The 3 in 31037 would be ignored rather than result in the ALERT occurring on the 3rd the 13th and the 23rd, since it's field(DT) already has an * as the first character.

...are we having fun yet? :twisted:

#5 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 3,726 posts

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:01 AM

Nice! The functionality of the TIPI keeps expanding and it is increasingly becoming a very attractive proposition...

#6 HOME AUTOMATION OFFLINE  

HOME AUTOMATION

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 428 posts

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:14 AM

UH!OH! Left something out!

To use without a SPEECH SYNTHESIZER:

RUN 10

Don't use ALERT options 2 or 3.

#7 wolhess ONLINE  

wolhess

Star Raider

• 72 posts

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:05 PM

Using the tipi clock for other applications is a useful extension.
A reminder / alarm function is also on my to do list for my menu program

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TIPI Alarm Clock, TI Schedualer, ti basic, Home Automation, TIPI

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users