Photo

Star Raiders ATR and 130XE not compatible?

8 replies to this topic

#1 6BQ5 OFFLINE  

6BQ5

Moonsweeper

• 304 posts

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:54 PM

I just now tried running a Star Raiders ATR file from the Pigwa FTP site on my 130XE through an APE and a SIO2PC-USB link. After a few boot toots I get stuck on a black screen. Is it just me or is there a compatibility issue?

Thanks! :)

#2 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• 4,091 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:18 PM

I just now tried running a Star Raiders ATR file from the Pigwa FTP site on my 130XE through an APE and a SIO2PC-USB link. After a few boot toots I get stuck on a black screen. Is it just me or is there a compatibility issue?

Thanks! :)

Got no clue about the one on Pigwa, but I tried the commonly available k-file ATR conversion with an XE OS. The ATR loaded up just fine. I played through an entire (Novice difficulty) game just to be sure but it worked fine. 

Attached Files

Edited by DrVenkman, Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:20 PM.

#3 6BQ5 OFFLINE  

6BQ5

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:48 PM

Wowza! Thanks!

Is there a particular place where other "commonly available" conversions are located?

#4 griff3125 OFFLINE  

griff3125

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:02 PM

The homesoft download is fantastic, be sure to do the "download all" link at the top right.....

http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/?idx=6

Great collection, and all work with the 130xe, if not, it'll probably be an older title that needs basic disabled via the option key.

#5 6BQ5 OFFLINE  

6BQ5

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:36 AM

Holy data overload, Batman! :D

Thanks! There's enough here to keep me occupied for a couple of decades!

#6 jefffulton OFFLINE  

jefffulton

Chopper Commander

• 150 posts

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:16 AM

atarionline.pl has various versions of each too. 

#7 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• 4,091 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:20 AM

Wowza! Thanks!

Is there a particular place where other "commonly available" conversions are located?

The homesoft download is fantastic, be sure to do the "download all" link at the top right.....

http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/?idx=6

Great collection, and all work with the 130xe, if not, it'll probably be an older title that needs basic disabled via the option key.

Just an FYI, you have to crawl the directories a bit, but the “Pool Disks” (CD ROM images), Holmes CD Collection and the Homesoft collection are all on Pigwa, though it does take some work to get them all downloaded.

In addition, Archive dot Org has the TOSEC collection (which can be downloaded as a single ZIP). I know for a fact that the k-file ATR I posted above is located in the Holmes CD collection as well as the TOSEC. I believe it’s also on the Pool Disks CDs as well.

#8 6BQ5 OFFLINE  

6BQ5

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:37 AM

Who is the magical wizard that put these collections together? It must have taken a huge amount of time, work, and effort to do that. Whoever they are I say they deserve a Congressional Medal of Honor!

#9 Philsan OFFLINE  

Philsan

River Patroller

• 3,889 posts
  • New Orleans Saints Super Bowl XLIV Champions

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:02 AM

Homesoft files are continually updated and cleaned (for example, crack intros are removed, title screen publisher names are restored when changed, screen glitches on loading are corrected).

Recently tune preview of many games has been added.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users