Sega Game Gear pulled solder pad

4 replies to this topic

#1 Izen OFFLINE  

Izen

Space Invader

• 43 posts

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I put new capacitors in a Game Gear and noticed that C43 has a pulled up positive terminal solder pad. Does anyone know, or can anyone help me to figure out where to solder a wire from the positive leg of the capacitor to get it working? Im new to following traces and Im not quite sure how to figure it out. Thanks!

#2 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 7,116 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:44 AM

Shoot a picture of the area in question. I don't have a GG in front of me to look and I don't believe I have the schems for one on file either. But I can usually tell from a good pic in many cases. 

#3 Izen OFFLINE  

Izen

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:56 AM

Shoot a picture of the area in question. I don't have a GG in front of me to look and I don't believe I have the schems for one on file either. But I can usually tell from a good pic in many cases.

Thanks for the reply! I can't get a good picture, so I found the area from another post. The positive leg of C43 is the only one I notice that has a lifted pad. Thanks for your help!

Attached Thumbnails

• Sega_GG_VA1_component_side_002.jpg

#4 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 7,116 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:39 PM

Okay, in looking at that pic it looks like the + leg of C43 is also attached to the right side of R29 just above it and also the left side of R28.

#5 Izen OFFLINE  

Izen

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:04 PM

Okay, in looking at that pic it looks like the + leg of C43 is also attached to the right side of R29 just above it and also the left side of R28.

Thanks, I'll give them a shot!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users